PDA

View Full Version : Downtime

William
11-07-2012, 05:34 PM
We will soon be experincing some down time. I am sorrry about this. A hard drive is failing and need to be replaced.

If everything goes as it should the downtime should be no more than 2-3 hours.

Cliff
11-07-2012, 05:43 PM
Thanks for the up-date William

Taurus
11-07-2012, 05:45 PM
:tappingfoot: How will I survive?

William
11-07-2012, 06:19 PM
I do not know. But better a few hours than a complete and total data wipe ;-)

(and dont worry, there are backups, but they are allways a few days old)

jeffs99dime
11-07-2012, 06:20 PM
thank you for the heads up William.thumbs2:

Taurus
11-07-2012, 06:55 PM
A hard drive is failing and need to be replaced.

Even in paradise, hard drives fail? ...that's just so wrong. Please put in a better hard drive THIS time. :ezpi_wink1:

I know..an SSD would solve everything! I hear they're indestructible as long as you don't drop them............ :sconfused:

Shidohari
11-07-2012, 10:08 PM
glad to see us back up and running... i missed this place

Cliff
11-07-2012, 10:08 PM
Back in business again

Thanks for all the hard work William !!!

fishmommie
11-07-2012, 10:18 PM
yes. thanks for all the hard work!

EDIT: forget this next paragraph!!! right after I posted this, they appeared LOL.
Looks like I lost the list of all the thread I was following in my user CP section. will those come back? if not, not a biggie.

Lady Hobbs
11-07-2012, 10:52 PM
2-3 hours downtime will give me time to wash my windows before winter.
:)

korith
11-07-2012, 10:59 PM
2-3 hours downtime will give me time to wash my windows before winter.
:)

I just hit the refresh button on my browser for 3 hours.

fishmommie
11-07-2012, 11:01 PM
I just hit the refresh button on my browser for 3 hours.

LOL...............

Shidohari
11-07-2012, 11:17 PM
so korinth...what is the status of your mouse clicking finger? LOL

William
11-07-2012, 11:42 PM
Yes harddrives fails even in paradise. allthough the server is in Florida. I do not know why but everytime I get a new server the new hardrive seems to fail. It has been replaced and hopefully this one should work better.

Maybe it had trouble cooping with all the anxiety in florida during last night.

A SSD would be nice but unfortunately that would add a few hundred to the monthly hosting bill.

fishmommie
11-08-2012, 03:13 AM
a couple of times tonight I've tried to post and get this error.
Find it odd that I can post on this thread. but it wouldn't let me post on another

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@aquaticcommunity.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.23 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.23 OpenSSL/1.0.0-fips mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 PHP/4.4.9 Server at www.aquaticcommunity.com Port 80

fishmommie
11-08-2012, 03:54 AM
ps to my previous post. very strange. I can reply to a post on some threads but get that message when I try to post on others. just thought I'd mention it. thanks!!

William
11-08-2012, 04:17 AM
There is some strange bug causing problems. I am looking for what i might be. Please be patient.

fishmommie
11-08-2012, 04:24 AM
No worries, William. just thought I should let you know. you do so much so none of us would ever complain and if anyone did they need a little smack up side of the head:poke:

Taurus
11-08-2012, 02:31 PM
A SSD would be nice but unfortunately that would add a few hundred to the monthly hosting bill.

I was only joking. :hmm3grin2orange:

Thanks for ALL of your efforts big guy. :ssmile:

Taurus
11-08-2012, 02:34 PM
There is some strange bug causing problems. I am looking for what i might be. Please be patient.

They don't call it Voodoo computer science for nothing. Ouch....I just felt this sharp pain in my..........

mermaidwannabe
11-08-2012, 06:14 PM
This is a great site which will be even greater when everything is updated and fixed. All your good work is greatly appreciated, William. Hosting a website can be complicated business. Staying patient -- and grateful.

mermaidwannabe
12-31-2018, 03:28 AM
I have been trying to access this forum and keep getting a huge message on my screen that says, "This account has been suspended", and to contact webmaster at webmaster@aquaticcommunity.com. However, when I tried to e-mail William at that address, it keeps bouncing back, saying the user is unknown. When I typed that address into my browser, a link to this page came up in the Google menu, that took me here.

I have received the account suspended message at around 7:00 P.M. on December 30, 2018. The first time it came up, I thought it was a glitch in the system since William has switched to a new server. So I tried again, and the forum came up as it normally does. However, subsequent tries have resulted in the same message, "This Account Has Been Suspended" coming up each time.

In short, I can't access my account here. William, would you please fix this? I haven't been given any warnings or explanations as to why my account would suddenly, out of the blue, be suspended. As a result, I can't PM you from this forum. If you have my e-mail address, please contact me. Thanks.

mermaidwannabe

William
12-31-2018, 03:44 AM
Hi Mermaidwannabe
The problem you are experiencing is due to how the internet works. Sometimes you are being sent here, the new address, and sometimes you get routed to the wrong address. When you see the account is suspended message you have been sent to the old sever. There is nothing I can do about this and it might take up to 48 Hours (usually a lot less) before all corners of the internet have learned the new location of site.

You can fix it yourself by adding
69.16.192.142 www.aquaticcommunity.com
to your host file. This tells the computer that AC is located on the new server.

mermaidwannabe
12-31-2018, 03:53 AM
Oh, okay, then maybe I should wait for it to fix itself.

I have no idea where or how to find my "host file", or what that even is.

Thanks for explaining what's happening. It should resolve on its own, it sounds like. Please disregard my post in chatterbox, now that I have the answer.

William
12-31-2018, 05:34 AM
Yes that is correct. It should resolve itself.