PDA

View Full Version : Insert maps in your posts

William
11-01-2012, 02:10 AM
You can now include maps in your post to show where a certain store is located or anything else you want to.

Simpley put map tags around the directions. ie map adress here [/map] but with the [] around the first map as well

Example:
My little beachtown
poneloya, nicaragua

William
11-01-2012, 02:12 AM
You can also show routes by writting adress 1 to adress 2 in the map tag. (replace adress 1 and 2 with actuall adresses)

Example
miami to tampa

MLBfan
11-01-2012, 02:16 AM
233 South Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL
Awesome!

Trillianne
11-01-2012, 03:23 AM
Neat feature William!

I can see where that may be handy! It would be kind of fun if we had a map of pins of towns (not street addresses for... reasons) of where people are from.

William
11-01-2012, 03:27 AM
We have played with that idea in the past but decided against it for privacy reasons. Especially since we have a lot of young members.

Lady Hobbs
11-01-2012, 12:14 PM
Agree. I would not even display my address on a map. City maybe but not physical addresses. Some things just don't belong out there for the world to have knowledge of. We even delete email addresses and phone numbers in posts for your protection.

Aeonflame
11-01-2012, 12:26 PM
Lets try this

cacandee settlement trinidad

Oh cool... as you can see I live within walking distance of a mangrove swamp.

Lady Hobbs
11-01-2012, 12:39 PM
And we all live near the water.

Trillianne
11-01-2012, 04:09 PM
Agree. I would not even display my address on a map. City maybe but not physical addresses. Some things just don't belong out there for the world to have knowledge of. We even delete email addresses and phone numbers in posts for your protection.

I specifically suggested against street level, that was never my intent.

More like a nifty way to say "oh look we have 20 Michigan members, and 10 sprinkled down the East coast and 5 up there in Washington, and that guy in Trinidad. Because sometimes it does feel like our membership has little clusters with random outliers.