PDA

View Full Version : Clown Loach Illness?

chizuchan
09-15-2007, 07:27 PM
I have a couple of Clown Loaches who seem to be sick. They are not acting particularly weak, but their coloring is dull, almost like there is a film of mucus covering the fish...it looks different from the usual 'graying out.' Also, their fins look a little raggedy and are covered in small black spots at the ends. Other than their coloring they seem fine, although maybe not as playful as usual. Does anyone have any ideas as to what kind of sickness this is and how I should treat it? I heard that Clown Loaches are particularly prone to getting parasites...is that what this is? Thanks everyone!

tropfish
09-15-2007, 07:56 PM
I could be wrong but it sounds like black spot disease. I've never experienced it so i can;t help you here, but someone will be along soon to help.

chizuchan
09-16-2007, 03:26 AM
Thanks for replying! I was looking at some pictures of Black Spot disease and they don't match up with my Clown Loaches'. The spots are all close together on the fins and the head on my loaches, and it looks like the spots are all over the body and distinct in Black Spot disease. I think I am going to buy a general medicine for treating parasites at the aquarium store and see if that helps.