PDA

View Full Version : betta, female

squirt_12
08-28-2007, 12:44 AM
Ok well i just bought a female betta but i have no idea what to call it???!!!
Any suggestions???
It is kinda a goldy colour with red blush through it's body!!

radiant sea snail
08-28-2007, 12:51 AM
Squirt, you beat me! I just bought a teeny little female 20 minutes ago and was about to start a thread.

Does she remind you of anything? Make you think of objects or places or types of things? I think about that when I try to name my critters.

squirt_12
08-28-2007, 12:53 AM
Well my male i named 'splash' because it looks like someone splashed paint on him. lol
Yeah well i bought mine about...3 hours ago and this is the first chance i had to get on the computer.
lol
:D
Well i still have no idea.??!!

ozylad82
08-28-2007, 01:08 AM
i like to name my fish according to the colour and temprement. eg. i named my male dwarf gourami brutis cos he likes to beat up my blue dwarf(which i separated)

radiant sea snail
08-28-2007, 01:11 AM
Will you be able to post pictures of her soon? She sounds just beautiful.

I know what your saying about some bettas looking like someone splashed paint on them. Good name idea.

I've had my male for over 2 weeks and still haven't named him!

I feel so tapped out of ideas. But I'll give you tips I live by when I'm looking for a simply smashing name for my newest critter.

Sometimes they give me a cultural vibe, and so I start looking up Russian names, Swedish, Slovakian, etc. (example, I named 2 of my guinea pigs Luluvo and Bidshika. these are real gypsy romany names)

If they give me a mystical vibe, I head toward mythical characters and pixie type creatures known in folktales. (example, one of my guinea pigs is named Pillywig, after the Pillywiggins)

Choose beautiful plant names, flower names, etc. Got a favorite move or book? (I have a gp named Sakura)

Hope these ideas could help a bit.