PDA

View Full Version : Fake buddy? lol

MeganL3985
08-18-2007, 03:12 AM
I may be off my rocker or something, but lately i've been noticing puffin looking bored/unhappy....I dont want to add any fish the the 2.5....since its kinda small already....but how do you think he'd react if I got like an artifical fish (ornament/decor fish) to put in there?? lol Would it do any good?
I figured if I'm not gonna add a real one, maybe add a fake one. Some company without the fighting, nipping, or wastes. lol Someone help me out here. I dont want the poor thing to be sad!

Lady Hobbs
08-18-2007, 03:14 AM
If you had a statue of a man in your living room, would you take notice?

MeganL3985
08-18-2007, 03:20 AM
Hahaha....I sure would notice. Do you think it would stress him out though...like be more harm than good kind of thing? (It would not be another betta though lol)

Lady Hobbs
08-18-2007, 03:49 AM
Would your fake man statue stress you out and make you all happy he was there?

LOLOLOLOL

He is not even going to notice the thing. I have heard of some people who put a mirror up to their tank just because it gets their betta going and flaring. What fun can it be to stress out your fish?

Nick_Pavlovski
08-18-2007, 03:53 AM
Maybe put in a snail or two, then?

radiant sea snail
08-18-2007, 04:38 AM
Maybe put in a snail or two, then?

Oh man, despite how gung ho I am about snails, I really think that's a bad idea for Megan's 2.5. I have a 10 gallon with just one under-the-average-sized betta. I recently got a medium sized apple snail.... Whooooaaa! I noticed how truly messy he is tonight. I had just done a water change on Tuesday. I had to do another tonight.

They recommend 2-2.5 gallons per apple snail. You wouldn't believe how messy my snail is. He just walks all over everything and leaves poo on it. I got a little pvc tunnel for the betta. The snail has claimed it as his poo throne.

I'm seriously considering getting another 10 gallon and making it the snail's home. Of course if I did that I'd get 1 more apple snail. In the meantime, I may keep the snail in a smaller container. I have to go to Walmart tonight anyway, so I'll browse while I'm there.

cocoa_pleco
08-18-2007, 08:54 AM
i had the same issue, and before my betta died i added a live plant and he loved to weave in the java ferns leaves

MeganL3985
08-18-2007, 02:06 PM
I dunno.....i'm gonna go to petsmart today and get two more neons, i'll look around and see if I can switch things up a bit for him. Maybe buy a little "hidey hole" (lmao...I love that name!)......take out the coconut for a bit and see what happens.

TowBoater
08-18-2007, 05:41 PM
Mine loves live plants also. He has newts and a frog to keep him company. Radient, I have 5 apple snails in my 55g and yes they are messy but are cool, mine have a good 3" diameter shell on them.

radiant sea snail
08-18-2007, 06:55 PM
My betta doesn't give a cahoot about the java moss I put in. But my snail sure loves to crawl up it and I cannot believe it supports his weight since it's just barely buried in the gravel.

My betta also doesn't give a cahoot about hiding. And luckily he doesn't even notice my snail.

Good luck with the little neons, Megan.

Kuli, I dig my snail for the most part. He just poops literally everywhere. I see it dangling from the glass wall of the aquarium..

TowBoater
08-18-2007, 07:09 PM
Lol, mine are nasty but cool. I just got them to have them, I also got a ramshorn snail that came with my new floating plant that my LFS didn't see.

MeganL3985
08-19-2007, 02:58 AM
Instead of getting a "buddy" I went ahead and bought some new plants. Its a silk mermaid weed plant, it takes up a lot less room than the big huge bushy one I had in there. that'll give more room to swim. I also got another one of his small water nymph disks. He really liked that when i bought the first one, maybe he'll like a second one?