PDA

View Full Version : Lucky Fish!

myster619
08-17-2007, 08:17 PM
Hey guys i went to several lfs today and i asked them y the hell are arowanas so expensive????.......They all tell me the same reason ."Its a lucky fish.It brings luck!" I was astonished! I mean its a fish , how can a fish bring luck? Do u guys believe this also? And to all you arowana owners did u notice any change in ur luck after buying the fish?

Lady Hobbs
08-17-2007, 10:02 PM
I imagine there's not many people wanting them due to the size they get so have to be special ordered. Can't be more lucky than a horse! He has 4 horseshoes.

gm72
08-17-2007, 11:14 PM
Uh, no, I don't believe that one bit. Like Lady said, there isn't much demand since they need an ENORMOUS aquarium and need to be special ordered. Nice attempt by the LFS guy to get a sale, though.

Fishguy2727
08-17-2007, 11:18 PM
In some asian cultures they are considered good luck, which is why they are frequently in asian-owned stores.

freshwaterfishlover
08-17-2007, 11:48 PM
My local fish store is not Asian owned and they usually have atleast 1 8" Arrowana for sale. Now they usually do not have Sting Rays. Only once and a while.

RobbieG
08-18-2007, 12:01 AM
The LFS that I can almost never get to (L is really stretching it) has a tankful of the most beautiful silver/blue arowanas you could imagine - I spend 15 minutes watching them every time I go.

They also have a couple of 6' tall by 12' long by about 4' deep huge tanks one with full grown bala's, clowns, angels etc. and one with all kinds of huge cichlids - they are just unbelievable.