PDA

View Full Version : Rooty plants

markw120
11-19-2011, 02:24 AM
Recently I have noticed that most of my plants have begone growing roots from all up and down the stems and stalks. Is this a sign of not enuff nutrition in the soil/water or too much? Or somthing else altogether? I use micro and macro fertilizers weekly and water quality is high and stable.

Ellen4God
11-19-2011, 03:42 AM
Recently I have noticed that most of my plants have begone growing roots from all up and down the stems and stalks. Is this a sign of not enuff nutrition in the soil/water or too much? Or somthing else altogether? I use micro and macro fertilizers weekly and water quality is high and stable.

Hmm...I'm not sure, but could they just be making for plants that you can replant?

markw120
11-19-2011, 04:15 PM
Haveing a hard time understanding what you are asking. I can cut the plant off half way and plant the cuttings and they will grow again.

Lady Hobbs
11-19-2011, 04:18 PM
Common in some of the plants. Ludwigia is one of those that do that.

This is being moved to the stem plant section because I believe stem plants is what you are referring to?

Aeonflame
11-19-2011, 04:22 PM
Agree with LH on stem plants. Roots will often grow at each node. The plant can be trimmed below the nodes and the cutting can be replanted.