PDA

View Full Version : I need help with my avatar

harvey
07-30-2007, 11:50 AM
As you can see mine is not sized correctly. I did not mean for it to even be on until I could figure out how to get it right. I am not a computer whiz....duh.... and when I go to size it to 80X80 as it says it just isn't right. Can anyone please tell me what I need to do?

RobbieG
07-30-2007, 12:28 PM
The picture doesn't look like its square - maybe you should try changing the the larger dimension to 80 and letting whatever program you are using to set the size choose the smaller one.

Lady Hobbs
07-30-2007, 01:41 PM
Yours is 80 x 53 which is making it too small. As Robbie says, a square picture works best so you can get 80x80. Maybe you could crop it to get it square and then resize to the proper pixel?

My picture is not square either and comes out fine, tho.

hungryhound
07-30-2007, 01:41 PM
As you can see mine is not sized correctly. I did not mean for it to even be on until I could figure out how to get it right. I am not a computer whiz....duh.... and when I go to size it to 80X80 as it says it just isn't right. Can anyone please tell me what I need to do?

You need to go back to the origional image and crop out all of the white. If you click on the avatar it briefly produces a box around the entire image and you have a lot of white un used space. This space is counted toward the 80 pixals and is what is causing your image to appear small.

Once you have cropped the image you can resize it to roughly 80 x80 and upload it.

Hope this helps.

hungryhound
07-30-2007, 01:45 PM
I edited your avatar image, but because it was allready resized it made it grainy. If you can post the original image I can edit it for you.

hungryhound
07-30-2007, 01:47 PM
Yours is 80 x 53 which is making it too small. As Robbie says, a square picture works best so you can get 80x80. Maybe you could crop it to get it square and then resize to the proper pixel?

My picture is not square either and comes out fine, tho.

Actually that is not true. The actuial image is 27 x 34 but the added white areas make it 80 x 53. The image does not look small because one side is less than 80. It looks small because 75 percent of the pixals in the image are white and do not show up on the board with this color scheme.

Drumachine09
07-30-2007, 03:48 PM
Attatch the original picture on this thread, and i will fix it, and attatch it remotely for you.

Lady Hobbs
07-30-2007, 04:05 PM
OK. The imagine in it's entirety is 80x53 then! As you stated above, the white space counts towards pixels which is what I was referring to.

Dang. Sorry I responded to the post.

harvey
07-30-2007, 04:17 PM
Thanks everyone for your help. Until my son comes home, all I can do is give you the website where it was found. My name, Harvey, comes from the big white pooka with Jimmy Stewart. I was trying to just get the picture over the mantle, but that may not be able to be done. So here it is http://harveypooka.com/ . It is the 5th picture down

Drumachine09
07-30-2007, 05:07 PM
There. Hows that?

harvey
07-30-2007, 06:02 PM
thanks for your help 09, I would have never been able to do that. Looks
good:19:

hungryhound
07-30-2007, 06:05 PM
OK. The imagine in it's entirety is 80x53 then! As you stated above, the white space counts towards pixels which is what I was referring to.

Dang. Sorry I responded to the post.

woah there, Don't get too mad at me. Rereading your post I read it wrong. I am sorry.

To me your post reads as if the image has to be square in order to be big and that was the whole problem. That is how your first statement came off to me when I read it the first time. Re reading it I can see what you mean.

I'm sorry.

Drumachine09
07-30-2007, 06:18 PM
thanks for your help 09, I would have never been able to do that. Looks
good:19:

Anytime. MS paint is my program of choice. Its still ever-so-slightly distorted, but without a copy of photoshop on the lap top, its near impossible.

hungryhound
07-30-2007, 06:23 PM
Anytime. MS paint is my program of choice. Its still ever-so-slightly distorted, but without a copy of photoshop on the lap top, its near impossible.

try gimp 2.2 its a free ware version of phtoshop

Drumachine09
07-30-2007, 06:56 PM
I tried it once, and i hate it. Ive got a copy of photoshop CS, just not on the lap top.