PDA

View Full Version : Competition Rules Update! Please Read!

Wild Turkey
06-29-2011, 04:09 PM
In order to further assure the anonymity of the contests, a new rule has been implemented.

Effective during the 10th to the 25th of the month, it is now against the rules to start threads containing contest material that you have entered. It is also against the rules to revive (locate and bump by posting) a thread that contains contest material during this period of time.

---------------------

Once again this rule only applies from the 10th to the 25th of each month at this time.

The Rules can be viewed from the link in my signature. The new rule can be found under Anonymity

In Addition, if you know of threads that contain contest material that may be or have been bumped beyond the 10th of the month please send myself or another moderator a pm so we can close the thread.

If your thread is closed and you would like it reopened after the 25th, just ask.

Feel free to bump this announcement like crazy this month and thanks for your cooperation.

Brhino
06-29-2011, 04:13 PM
So, if I'm understanding this correctly... say you have a tank journal, and you decide to enter that tank in the Tank of the Month competition. In that case, you (or anyone else) would not be allowed to update your journal, thus bumping the thread, during the time period?

Wild Turkey
06-29-2011, 04:22 PM
Correct, Any thread. If it becomes an issue just ask the thread be closed during the contest if you wish to enter a photograph from it.

I can think of only one thread that this may not apply, and thats because its a sticky.

I realize this is a little different than we've done things in the past, but hopefully its worth the effort.:22:

genocidex
06-29-2011, 08:17 PM
so if some one posts the picture else where (this month like riots lion fish) before the comp, will the posting be deleted?

Northernguy
06-30-2011, 04:46 AM
thumbs2: :19:Just a
BUMP thumbs2: :22:

Lady Hobbs
06-30-2011, 01:35 PM
so if some one posts the picture else where (this month like riots lion fish) before the comp, will the posting be deleted?

The thread should be closed if the same photo is in the comps. Hardly helps to try to have an anonymous contest if the picture is in another ongoing thread? If you plan to enter the photo in one of the contests, just don't post it in the open forum until after the contest has ended.

Wild Turkey
07-10-2011, 04:56 PM
Bump !

Yes closed, not deleted. If the threads are closed they cannot be bumped into the the new posts section is the idea.