PDA

View Full Version : Alright i need a tip....

YaYgoldFish
07-25-2007, 02:57 AM
Ok so i was wondering, could i get an african dwarf frog in my 25g? I did some research, decided to get 2 or 3 and after seeing my senegal bichir and seeing how they ate shrimp i buy from the supermarket the size of these frogs. So anyone think they could a pair of these guys have enough room to jump or swim around, be happy, and STAY alive more than 4 days?

thanks!:22:

Fishguy2727
07-25-2007, 01:48 PM
If the bichir got eaten, the frogs don't have a chance.

troy
07-25-2007, 05:55 PM
The frogs will probably get eaten almost instantly after they're taken out of their
bags.

YaYgoldFish
07-25-2007, 08:47 PM
Alright so i went..

For Fishguy2727: I looked for NLS and Hikary food sticks but couldn't find them..so i got Wardleys cichlid pellets- small..So far my tinfoils are lovign it but my gars arent going for it. They havent eaten in 3 days so if they dont eat by thursday im going to put 2 comets in and try something else.. But i do know theyll eat frozen shrimp but i want to use that as a treat..

For the frogs: Decided against it.

Other news: Their getting over 50 different species of plants tonight so im going back tomorow to get one.

Other news 2: The guy that works there is offering me to lend me 2 algea eaters to get rid of the glass and once their done to take them back to him and he will take my money back. They are about 1 inch and i told him theyll get eaten, but he says theyll surely be too fast..so if they die im getting money back anyways..so i dont really care, but if it works great.

Other news 3: I got the nitrites test kit(liquid) *Should nitrites be at 0?*

And now..

New Quick question, they have this pleco labeled "gold nugget pleco" at 14 bucks each,but i looked it up and it really doesnt seem like one at all, so if someone could give me a list of plecos( preferably a site) It was beige with 2 black lines(its not a common plec" I'm going to start researching tonight..He said they grow to about about 6 inches so im guna try to find what it is on the net..

Well thats my update for today lol :)

Drumachine09
07-25-2007, 08:50 PM
Yes, NitrItes should be at 0.

I would skip on the GNP untill you can get a bigger tank.

YaYgoldFish
07-25-2007, 08:57 PM
Alright thanks..you got an idea for something to eat some algea? My shrimps and snail arent eating much except dead plants..

Drumachine09
07-25-2007, 09:00 PM
I would say oto cats, but your cudas might make an expensive snack out of them.

YaYgoldFish
07-25-2007, 09:05 PM
yeah..i might try something like those once i get my cuddas to eat pellets or something...

YaYgoldFish
07-26-2007, 12:36 AM
Ok i think i might have figuerd it out.. Is there such thing as an albino common pleco? (Liposarcus pardalis)

Fishguy2727
07-26-2007, 12:38 AM
Even if they start to eat pellets, they will always take the opportunity of live foods.

Wardley...NOOOOO! Probably the absolute worst, crappiest food out there. If they don't have it in stock, ask if they can special order the Hikari and NLS. If not, check out other LFSs or online.

YaYgoldFish
07-26-2007, 12:39 AM
Aww...there goes 6 bucks..Ill ask them tomorow..

gm72
07-26-2007, 01:55 AM
Have to agree. Wardley is awful. Probably only good for their algae discs, otherwise spend a little more to get some quality food for your fish.

troy
07-26-2007, 02:03 AM
They don't even have Hikari. They even sell it at Wal-Mart.

gm72
07-26-2007, 02:07 AM
Troy, who doesn't have Hikari? If you mean Bigalsonline, you'd be wrong.

YaYgoldFish
07-26-2007, 02:11 AM
No, my lfs. Not even my wal mart has it..I live in a really antifish city -.- ..

Fishguy2727
07-26-2007, 02:12 AM
Ask the LFS is they can get it in. If they can't then get it online.

gm72
07-26-2007, 02:16 AM
I buy all of my food online in larger containers. Most have a nutritional shelf life of at least a few months.

For example, my primary feed for all of my tanks is a custom mix of freeze-dried bloodworms, OSI flakes and OSI algae flakes. I change the formula every few months to add variety to the diets.

YaYgoldFish
07-26-2007, 02:29 AM
I buy all of my food online in larger containers. Most have a nutritional shelf life of at least a few months.

For example, my primary feed for all of my tanks is a custom mix of freeze-dried bloodworms, OSI flakes and OSI algae flakes. I change the formula every few months to add variety to the diets.

What site do you buy the food off? The sites ive been looking at cost like 40 bucks with shipping...

gm72
07-28-2007, 08:10 PM
I use primarily:
http://www.bigalsonline.com/
Very fast shipping, great customer service if needed.
I also use:
http://www.aquariumguys.com/
Not 100% satisfied with shipping/customer service though.