PDA

View Full Version : Fahaka Puffer...a BIG FW species

Rue
07-19-2007, 04:18 PM
I just saw these for the first time...quite big! Very cool! Oh! If only I had the energy for another tank...lol...

Tetraodon lineatus ...listed at the LFS as the Fahaka Puffer, it's also known as the Nile Puffer or Globe Fish

http://www.pufferlist.com/puffer/lineatus_photo.htm

Apparently they grow up to 18" and you need a min. of 125 g...

troy
07-19-2007, 08:28 PM
Mbu puffers can get 28+ inches.

Rue
07-19-2007, 08:31 PM
Yes, I know...but they had the Fahaka at the LFS...so I actually saw them with my own eyes! Not just a pic. in a book...:ezpi_wink1:

RobbieG
07-19-2007, 09:22 PM
How did you ever make it home without any?

salman
07-19-2007, 10:02 PM
I want a darn puffer!!! grrrrrr

Rue
07-19-2007, 11:00 PM
Well let's see now...I don't have a 125g tank (thank goodness) and I'm occupied with maintaining the 5 I do have...

...not to mention the SW tank is keeping me quite entertained...and I still have so much to learn...can't tell the corals apart yet (outside of the obvious ones)...

I added up all my tank volumes today...I have at least 131 g in total...that's enough to look after! :c4:

kimmers318
07-23-2007, 11:48 AM
A fahaka is the dream puffer I am going to have when my children move out and I have 2 bedrooms with nothing in them!!! They are definitely eye catching and very personable.

salman
07-23-2007, 11:55 AM
I have looked online at millions of different websites that sell fish, and none of them ship to where i am :( 2 of them can but there is a 1000 dollar minimum charge, and there is no guarantee they will arrive alive.

Rue
07-23-2007, 02:00 PM
LOL...I luv it when parents can hardly wait to turn their kids' rooms into hobby rooms! I'm hoping my kids will live at home during University (or whatever initial training/schooling they choose) to save money...

BUT...I've already infiltrated 'their' basement rec room with 3 of my tanks...

Salman...why don't you talk nice to your LFS and see if they can't order some in for you?

salman
07-23-2007, 02:05 PM
LOL...I luv it when parents can hardly wait to turn their kids' rooms into hobby rooms! I'm hoping my kids will live at home during University (or whatever initial training/schooling they choose) to save money...

BUT...I've already infiltrated 'their' basement rec room with 3 of my tanks...

Salman...why don't you talk nice to your LFS and see if they can't order some in for you?

I did. Well i tried, I asked them if they can order me 6 FW puffers.. They didn't even know what puffers were, so i explained it to them.. how they puff lol.. Then they figured out what i was talking about and they said there are only SW.

Rue
07-23-2007, 02:10 PM
Try again...but this time print off a bit of info. from the internet...with scientific names and care and what-not...

...who knows? They might be intrigued enough of their own accord...

salman
07-23-2007, 02:15 PM
I'll try and hope they understand what i want. Thanks.