PDA

View Full Version : Red Claw Crab info?

Cyb3rw0lf
11-25-2010, 04:50 PM
I was recently given a 10g tank by my aunt containing some fish that quickly went to the LFS (Tank was WAY too small). I want to convert this tank over to hold two or three Red Claw Crabs but the information on the net is... Varied to say the least, from what I've gathered these cute crustaceans need:

-A habitat thats 50% above the waterline.
-Brackish water.
-Hiding places.
and
-A SEALED lid.

Besides that I'm really unsure about everything else, especially filtration options since the waterline might be too low for a HoB filter.... Also a bit of an oddball question, but do these guys have any kind of odor? I've been near some hermit crab tanks before that were a bit.... Appalling. ^_^;

Spidyman
02-28-2011, 06:59 AM
Well you have the basics down. As for filtration go with an intank filter like the tetra wisper in tank I have one for my 55 with newt and fish and i have no complants. And some say that you should not house two in a 10 but as long as they can hide after molting you should be good. And as long as you have a filter and do water changes my lfs told me I would be good but I never ended up doing it but good luck anyway.

Spidyman
02-28-2011, 07:00 AM
Oops did know this thread was that old just saw it and it had no replies so I thought I'd help my bad