PDA

View Full Version : Puffer Puffer !!

toikhongtin_dny99
06-07-2007, 02:47 AM
hey guy !!! can i ask for help ?
I having 2 puffers, they are not swimming normal, because I only see them swim up and down n the corner, and never get out?
is there a problem because of the water? please help ?

Rue
06-07-2007, 02:49 AM
We need more info!

Tank size, how long has it been set up, water parameters...the more you can tell us, the more accurate info. we can pass on to you.

willisrad
06-07-2007, 03:14 AM
How long have you had them for?
They often "choose territories," and search for snails such........

kimmers318
06-07-2007, 11:28 AM
Please post puffer species and tank information as requested....size, when set up, water parameters etc.
Also, if these are new puffs it may be normal, or if you don't have a background on the back. Frequently puffs, especially the smaller ones, will see there reflection in the glass and swim up and down endlessly until they start to get comfortable in their surroundings and start checking things out. My modestus went around baring his teeth at the glass forever it seemed until I finally found the decor that distracted him from it.
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h216/kimmers318/dp%20tank/shamusteeth3.jpg

Try adding some decor around the edges to lower the reflection and make sure they have plenty of decor to hunt around in as puffs get bored easily.

I love Pufferfish
06-07-2007, 02:36 PM
My puffers do the samething, but not frequently..

You have to give them a lot of hiding spaces, so they can have there own 'private time'. They need the private time.. I've already experianced that..!
My 4 puffers (all different species) love to hide under the wood..

Then the up and down swimming will be less...

puddlekeeper
06-07-2007, 08:59 PM
When they are swimming like that - they are stressing.

They need places to explore and poke around in.