PDA

View Full Version : Sorry for Bandwidth error

William
04-26-2010, 08:41 PM
Sorry for Bandwidth error. It had to do with the fact that the number of visitors to AC has grown a lot lately. The error as been handled and the site should now be able to handle 2 million visitors each month without any problem. At the moment we are seeing about 700k.

Wild Turkey
04-26-2010, 08:42 PM
We rock!

Thanks for fixing it Will:22:

EmmanuelJB
04-26-2010, 08:45 PM
thumbs2: Thanks for fixing it!

Brhino
04-26-2010, 08:49 PM
I had to do actual work for the past couple hours! :ssmile:

SunSchein89
04-26-2010, 09:04 PM
I've noticed we've been booming a lot lately. Seems like there's a few new people here every day almost. Hope we're not costing you too much to keep the site up and running.

chrisfraser05
04-26-2010, 09:09 PM
cool.

Just out of interest, I noticed there are no annoying banners like on some of the sites/forums I visit.

Is the hosting expensive? Who is paying for it?

I wouldn't mind donating a little to the upkeep a little now and then tbh.

I believe this forum has helped me so so much already!!!

Without the help I've had from members and the detail in the Ebook I got from here I reckon I would have had a few floating fish and may have lost interest already!

Shootamonkey2
04-26-2010, 09:12 PM
Sorry for Bandwidth error. It had to do with the fact that the number of visitors to AC has grown a lot lately. The error as been handled and the site should now be able to handle 2 million visitors each month without any problem. At the moment we are seeing about 700k.

It's all good buddy. I thought you guys banned me and I started freaking out xD

Rue
04-26-2010, 10:32 PM
I was surprised too! But I'm glad AC is back!

Thanks for a speedy fix William!

Sarkazmo
04-26-2010, 10:55 PM
I would like to take this time and ask each one of those 700k to send me a dollar. :)

Sark

William
04-26-2010, 11:11 PM
Just out of interest, I noticed there are no annoying banners like on some of the sites/forums I visit.

There are adds in the artice sections but not in the forum, gallery etc. I don´t want adds in these sections as they feel to intrusive.

Is the hosting expensive? Who is paying for it?

I am paying for hosting but it is covered by the adds most months. Not al, but most. I am not goin to give an exact number but the hosting is a few hundred USD each month. Plus some other cost associated with running the site.

I wouldn't mind donating a little to the upkeep a little now and then tbh.
If you want to donate there is a donate button in the left sidebar. Donations are appriciated but i am happy just to have you here using the site. All donations are used to improve the site and not to the daily operations.

I believe this forum has helped me so so much already!!!
That is very good to hear.

lahlumdi
04-26-2010, 11:19 PM
Wow! So glad there is more traffic because this is a GREAT forum! Thanks for taking care of it William. As you always do. You are a class act.

rich311k
04-26-2010, 11:54 PM
Thanks William it was scary getting that message.

gadget228
04-28-2010, 12:32 PM
I belong to a lot of forums but only one aquarium one, the best. thumbs2:

Taurus
04-28-2010, 08:05 PM
Did you think you broke it Rich? :ezpi_wink1:

Nahh, I knew it was all Williams fault. :hmm3grin2orange:

But at least you fixed it! Thanks for that. :ssmile:

Thanks William it was scary getting that message.

William
04-28-2010, 09:34 PM
Well actually it was google fault. Google used 8 GB of bandwidth in a day spidering the site. Now it needed to be increased no doubt but without googles little burst we should have made it the month out.

Anyway we should be fine for a long time and if not I raise it again.

Taurus
04-28-2010, 11:26 PM
Only kidding William. :ssmile: If this is the only glitch you have in today's internet world, you'll be one lucky man. You're doing a great job providing the resource necessary to keep this forum available to its very lucky members. thumbs2:

William
04-29-2010, 12:11 AM
I know you were. I didn´t take offence in any way. Just thought I would provide some more info.

In the end it wouldn´t matter anyway. Even if google cause problem it is my fault ;-)