PDA

View Full Version : Scale Missing

Spartanhockey89
03-25-2010, 02:26 PM
I think he may have bumped the filter intake to my Magnum 350, because there is now a scale missing right along his back, near what would be his neck area. Should I be worried about possible infection?

Parameters:
Ammonia-.0ppm
Nitrite-.0ppm
Nitrates- >.20ppm

Just a little worried that it could lead to a problem.

Northernguy
03-25-2010, 02:30 PM
I would just keep an eye on it and make sure you keep the water pristine.
Bump up your water changes too twice a week or more until it is healed.

My oscars do that to each other all the time.I always see spots where they brush up against a rock.It only takes a few days before it looks healed.

Spartanhockey89
03-25-2010, 02:33 PM
K thast what I thogh to do, but just wanted advice. Hows 15% twice a week sound. O and by the way, water changes on big tanks SUCK, especially when one of your legs doesn't work (I have an unknown leg disorder that makes me walk like i have cerebral palsy, so carrying 5 gallon buckets is pretty hard, but its worth it)

VoidParadigm
03-25-2010, 02:52 PM
I wouldn't worry about it unless it starts looking inflamed or more fall off around it.

Sure, quite a different type of fish, but my goldfish lose scales all the time from scratching against things and schuffling over food bits. Heals rather quick.

Northernguy
03-25-2010, 02:52 PM
Use a hose to refill.
I have had two hip replacements and I am in need of another.I still do water changes with buckets.lol
I just get my boys to haul them up for me!:hmm3grin2orange:
I do carry some!:14:
I do 50% on every tank,my 135 included.

Spartanhockey89
03-25-2010, 03:10 PM
Ouch, I feel your pain NG. Isn't surgery fun? Now a hose, as in a hose attached to the sink? That does sound a lot easier, just hav to dechlore immediately

Northernguy
03-25-2010, 03:48 PM
Don't forget to set your temp and check regularly.

Have you ever heard of a python?http://www.pythonproducts.com/aqprod.html

Spartanhockey89
03-25-2010, 04:17 PM
yea i though about one of those. i already have a really long hose to attach to be cleaner though. So I have tat covered. just have to try it out first. The temp should be pretty easy to maintain.

Crispy
03-25-2010, 07:33 PM
As long as your aro is healthy, it will easily grow back scales. Just watch for infection.