PDA

View Full Version : TSN food

Spartanhockey89
03-16-2010, 02:28 PM
Currently I'm feeding him frozen blood worms and brine shrimp, but what else could he eat. He's about 3'' and eats a small cube every day. I want to expand his diet because I know how important variety can be with predators.

Northernguy
03-16-2010, 02:36 PM
They like most any fish or cruteacian that will fit in their mouth.lol
Not sure if MCHRKiller still has hers but I am sure she will have a few other ideas.

Here is some info on them.
http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/species.php?species_id=329

Oscar_freak12321
03-16-2010, 02:38 PM
Try stuff like prawns, small fish fillets, shrimp and Hikari's sinking carnivore pellets. All of my cats love that stuff, and even my BGK!

annageckos
03-16-2010, 02:38 PM
You can feed anything you can get at the seafood department at gorcery stores like little strips of fish(salmon, catfish, smelt, trout, cod, whiting ect..), clams, mussles, shrimp, squid and many other things too.. Frozen foods from the LFS, live blackworms, eathworms, red wigglers, crickets, lots of different insects and pellets. I have an asian store close by and can get all kinds of odd seafood at good prices.

MCHRKiller
03-16-2010, 04:04 PM
Get him on a good base carnivore pellet, should be able to eat some small sinking cichlid pellets right now. Also try some Hikari sinking carnivore pellets and when larger some Hikari massivore. Some fresh chopped seafood is great to, I liked to hide some spinach inside the chunks of fish...as in the wild predatory fish like TSN would be getting the vegetable matter of the fish they consumed...so a little is good for them. Also soak its food in some galric extract and a few drops of Selcon, helps fill any gaps the diet may have :22:

VoidParadigm
03-17-2010, 02:57 PM
For now, go to your seafood section, pick out a nice non-fatty fillet, shred it up, and feed him everyday.

As he gets older (and much bigger!) he'll only need a fillet or two every couple days. Unless that 240 is built like a pond it is not proper housing for him at potential length.

Jenn's suggestions about stuffing and soaking are quite good ones to follow, especially at this young age.

Spartanhockey89
03-17-2010, 04:37 PM
Well I do have a 500 gallon pond idea, and itd be round