PDA

View Full Version : Fishbowl causes fire

james20
02-26-2010, 12:14 AM
http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/160276/Fish-bowl-to-blame-for-blaze-

0_o

Crispy
02-26-2010, 12:17 AM
Lol! Ban fishbowls!! "...and the goldfish was the only casualty"... too funny.

That poor goldfish in the article pic is gonna be a casualty living in that tiny bowl.

troy
02-26-2010, 12:33 AM
Something like this nearly happened to my grandma. She had a glass ball like object on a windowsill.

korith
02-26-2010, 02:05 AM
Wow! I can see understand how it could happen, but would never have thought it could happen.

And here I thought the only danger to keeping tanks in direct sunlight was too much algae! Apparently now it's to stop fires!!!

Wild Turkey
02-26-2010, 02:51 AM
lol I agree this is a great excuse to ban fish bowls thumbs2:

Of course, If the fish is In a bowl; In the sun; in the playroom, doesnt sound like they put much thought into it in the first place... Goldies revenge!:hmm3grin2orange:

Aeonflame
02-27-2010, 12:06 AM
Another reason not to keep goldfish in bowls!!

sunfishman
02-28-2010, 02:14 AM
well, thats how augustine fresnel discovered the fresnel lens, which is the beehive jewel looking lens atop a lighthouse. i have been inside a first order lens at curituck and it gets warm inside. of course, the brick tower and iron gallery don't really keep it cool. the bowl looked like it was barely big enough to put the whole fish inside. poor guy, it was almost better for it to die like that than to be kept in a shot glass like that.

Sarkazmo
02-28-2010, 03:34 AM
the bowl looked like it was barely big enough to put the whole fish inside. poor guy, it was almost better for it to die like that than to be kept in a shot glass like that.

Ummm... that's a stock photo, not the actual bowl and fish that caused the fire.

Sark