PDA

View Full Version : arowana jumped in my face!!

hybridguy
01-30-2010, 12:55 AM
Wednesday i got home with some superworms for the aro, i was standing in front of the tank opening them when bam the aro jumped through a 1" crack where i had slid the top back and bounced off my head!! Oh sh#* i said as i threw the superworms all over the floor, i could not catch him, he slapped the floor from over 6 ft. and then i could not get a grip on him to pick him up, finally he made his way to the corner of the room where i used the wall to help me grab him and quickly put him back in the tank. He slowly swam around for about 30 min. with his mouth open, then he was back to normal and eating again. He has not even got a visible scratch on him! I have named him Superman.:hmm3grin2orange:

MrJim
01-30-2010, 01:43 AM
:hmm3grin2orange: been pretty interesting if he'd snatched onto your nose..

octoxpuss
01-30-2010, 01:47 AM
Ha that happened with my grandparents RD it was a had to be there moment. I could picture this and it makes me ROFLMAO

Amazon
01-30-2010, 01:59 AM
lol, i found a no lie almost completely dried up fish behind my tank once, i tried reviving him for like 20 minutes and finally got him back to life, but he soon died after because of it. but lol, strong fish.:hmm3grin2orange:

Crispy
01-30-2010, 10:48 AM
Mine loves to jump and splash when I get out the can of superworms also. Not yet has he jumped out of the tank though.

LadyHatred
01-30-2010, 12:11 PM
lol Like trying to catch a trout. Glad he's okay!

Are Arow's personable? Do they recognize you and, I don't know, act different then they would say, if a stranger approached the tank?

Lady Hobbs
01-30-2010, 01:51 PM
LOL I had a silver dollar fly up and slap me in the kisser once but at least he was smart enough to fall back in the water. Scarey, huh?

Northernguy
01-30-2010, 04:15 PM
Great stories!:hmm3grin2orange:

I have had a few fish jump out of the tank.Only once while going after food!
I have been splashed more times than I can remember.lol

William
01-30-2010, 04:32 PM
I have had tried up fish that has been little more than balls of dust when I but them back in the tank and many of them have survived. In some cases after atleast 2 hours out of water.

souly
01-30-2010, 04:40 PM
When I was doing my gravel change the other, I had put all the rasbora in one containter, and the angelfish in his own. So I look at the angels area and see a rasbora in it. He had to have jumped to the other tank...

Demjor19
01-30-2010, 08:25 PM
I had a FL Gar jump out of my tank overnight (forgot to close the tank top after a feeding) getting played with by my cat and he survived. I woke up in the morning to my Bengal Cat dragging him around the house by his snout. I quickly took him from the cat, rinsed him off in tank water, then gently placed him back in the tank (treated it with salt). After that I left for work, came home, and he started eating again! I was amazed! This fish was not even tacky to the touch...he was DRY!

Also had my Aro get away from me a few times while moving her to larger tanks. They are one of the worst fish to try catching on the floor! They just slip right through your hands! FYI...having a towel handy really helps!

Hope yours continues to do ok!

Crispy
01-31-2010, 11:03 AM
lol Like trying to catch a trout. Glad he's okay!

Are Arow's personable? Do they recognize you and, I don't know, act different then they would say, if a stranger approached the tank?

My aro definitely recognizes me and is quite personable towards me and me only.