PDA

View Full Version : my last 33g tank question- i think

cocoa_pleco
04-17-2007, 02:03 AM
One more question.

For the new 33g, im puting in 1 blood parrot cichlid.

For bottom feeders, would 3 clown loaches work, or will they get killed? What else could work as a bottom feeder if clown loaches wont?

hungryhound
04-17-2007, 02:15 AM
It might work, but we have no idea about compatibility. The issue you're going to run into is the size of the tank for 3 clown loaches. Most people don't recommend clown loaches for anything smaller than a 55g due to their large adult size. You might be able toget away with it for a short time, but they may soon outgrow your tank. This is one of the reasons we decided not to put them in our 46g tank.

What we can recommend to you are Yoyo loaches, which are similar to the clowns, but remain much smaller (max size is approx. 4inches).

cocoa_pleco
04-17-2007, 02:18 AM
yoyo's are good too.

Do they only live off snails?

hungryhound
04-17-2007, 02:27 AM
yoyo's are good too.

Do they only live off snails?

They are bottom feeders and eat a well rounded diet. They eat algae flakes and sinking pellets and any food that reaches the bottom. Ours always seem to find something to eat as they always have nice big bellies.

We have no snails in our tank, but I added one from another and I have not seen it since. I am sure that we had some at some point as our LFS keeps snails in his plant tanks.

cocoa_pleco
04-17-2007, 02:49 AM
i might get a few then.

Thanks

hungryhound
04-17-2007, 02:51 AM
i might get a few then.

Thanks

You defiantly should think about getting some (assuming compatibility with the other tank mates)! We have 6 of them in our 46g community tank and they're tons of fun to watch (defiantly one of our favorite fish!)