PDA

View Full Version : Reminder

William
11-24-2009, 06:58 PM
Some people have contacted me because they think the new post page get cluttered with chatterbox/game threads and it therefore become hard to find all the fish threads. I would therefore like to remind everyone that you can choose to exclude forums from that page and if you do that the new post page will only display posts from the forums you want to see.

You can exclude forums by going to"user cp" and click edit options. At the the very buttom of the new page you will find the option the exclude forums.

Deleted User
11-24-2009, 07:41 PM
That's neat! I didn't know that was possible until reading your post. I'm sure there are some people who will enjoy the AC even more with that information. As it is -- I don't want to miss any of it. Not even the Salt Water part, which is (so far) way over my head thumbs2:

William
11-24-2009, 08:54 PM
Yes I just hope a lot of people see this thread. perhaps I should have given it a more interesting title ;-)

Deleted User
11-24-2009, 10:23 PM
You could make it say "The Real Story About Mith & Lady Hobbs" :19:

bushwhacker
11-24-2009, 11:18 PM

that oughtta grab some attention jill:hmm3grin2orange:

Lady Hobbs
11-24-2009, 11:19 PM
Oh yes. That would do it.

William
11-24-2009, 11:27 PM
perhaps I should start a new one tomorrow with that title

Rue
11-25-2009, 12:32 AM
...anticipates spending a sleepless night waiting for the thread to begin...

Sharon
11-25-2009, 12:36 AM
...complete with nightmares!!!:hmm3grin2orange:

Northernguy
11-25-2009, 12:36 AM
Good to know William.
Maybe add it to the How To section.

MrJim
11-25-2009, 12:40 AM
:hmm3grin2orange:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Jill again.

HomaridNoob6
11-25-2009, 01:27 AM
...anticipates spending a sleepless night waiting for the thread to begin...

Same here! that's way too funny! Unfortunately William, probably a lot of people will probably miss this thread. Maybe we should keep bumping it? I would say maybe make a sticky explaining a few of the more unknown options like that, but probably most people wouldn't read that thread either.

Algenco
11-25-2009, 02:15 AM
Same here! that's way too funny! Unfortunately William, probably a lot of people will probably miss this thread. Maybe we should keep bumping it? I would say maybe make a sticky explaining a few of the more unknown options like that, but probably most people wouldn't read that thread either.

surprisingly enough, most members NEVER
read a sticky

Lady Hobbs
11-25-2009, 02:22 AM
You got that right!!!!!!!!! Give it red print and it disappears.

bushwhacker
11-27-2009, 12:31 AM
i have to admit i rarely read stickys tho there are a few that i have and all contain good info

smaug
11-27-2009, 12:34 AM
Whats a sticky?

Kaz
11-27-2009, 02:40 AM
surprisingly enough, most members NEVER
read a sticky

Weird. I read every stcky when I first arrived, although I may have forgotten about a few since then.

Wild Turkey
11-27-2009, 03:11 AM
Weird. I read every stcky when I first arrived, although I may have forgotten about a few since then.

Same.

There are a lot of forum websites where if you dont read a sticky and then post a question that is answered in one, or dont follow posting format designated in stickies you are banned. Its a little extreme, but this is how bad it gets with people not reading stickies.

If I had a dollar for every person who asked a cycle question without reading the cycling stickies, I would be rich by now easily.

Algenco
11-27-2009, 03:48 AM
I know of a forum where you post any question that could have been answered by doing a search your banned.

MOTM rules as an example, nominees name must be in red, how many do it?

Kaz
11-27-2009, 04:27 AM
I know of a forum where you post any question that could have been answered by doing a search your banned.

MOTM rules as an example, nominees name must be in red, how many do it?

Weird, I thought it was bolded, must be getting confused with mafia.

bushwhacker
11-27-2009, 09:38 PM
for some reason i cant change my font color so i just do it in normal black..its probably a mental block somewhere

rookie
11-27-2009, 10:13 PM
wow i didnt know i could change the option to block forum games. i think the games are great it just not my thing

this its my first forum and only forum i am part of and i didint even know wht a sticky was until i was a member for a wile but they should always be suggested to new commers

and i wanted to bump this

Deleted User
11-27-2009, 10:38 PM
for some reason i cant change my font color so i just do it in normal black..its probably a mental block somewhere

Go into your userCP.

Click on edit options

In the last drop down box you should choose the option "full WYSIWYG editor/ing" :ssmile: