PDA

View Full Version : My goldfish has patches of grey and my mollie has something on its eye.

tanya
04-14-2007, 07:51 PM
My goldfish has patches of grey and my mollie has something on its eye.

My mollie has what looks like a white or grey growth on his eye and its huge! like a huge bubble but sometimes it looks more cotton-like. i treated it with a fungus killer from the pet store and the fungus(?) went almost completely away so i treated it again with the same stuff a couple days later like the stuff said to(to help prevent secondary infections) and not even 1 week later the fungas is back! so do you have any ideas what this stuff is and how i can best treat it? also my goldfish has some faded grey patches on its body and it isnt just his coloring. what is this and again, how can i treat it? :help:

cocoa_pleco
04-14-2007, 08:26 PM
sounds like popeye/hazy eye. Use popeye meds in a hospital tank.

What are your tank parameters?

A.J.
05-06-2007, 04:47 PM
Sounds like pop eye alright. The patches on your goldfish are probably indicative of some kind of velvet or slime disease. There are numerous treatments out there but make sure to read the instructions carefully - some treatments will stain the silicon in your tank or harm smooth scaleless fish species.
Water quality might also be a concern you should look into - is your tank sufficiently aerated and do you have a filter??