PDA

View Full Version : Stubborn Aro!

Bennlfer
11-07-2009, 12:39 AM
I have been trying to feed my Jardini floating Aro sticks and raw shrimp now for 5 days and he still wont swallow either of them. He takes it in his mouth and chews it for a bit and spits it out. I have cut the shrimp into super small pieces so i know its not because its too big, and i soften the sticks before giving them to him so i know its not because they are too hard. He must be just being stubborn. >=[

My questions is how long does it usually take to get them on new food? I feel bad about starving him, but i really think the sticks and shrimp should be a part of his diet.

Crispy
11-07-2009, 05:26 AM
I have been trying to feed my Jardini floating Aro sticks and raw shrimp now for 5 days and he still wont swallow either of them. He takes it in his mouth and chews it for a bit and spits it out. I have cut the shrimp into super small pieces so i know its not because its too big, and i soften the sticks before giving them to him so i know its not because they are too hard. He must be just being stubborn. >=[

My questions is how long does it usually take to get them on new food? I feel bad about starving him, but i really think the sticks and shrimp should be a part of his diet.

You're right.... he's being stubborn. Try not feeding him for a few days at all, then give him the sticks. He'll probably change his mind and swallow them. This can be a long process and may take a bit, but don't let him starve too badly. You may want to try a few different foods during this process... market shrimp, prawns, fish fillets, earthworms, etc...

keep us updated...

hybridguy
11-07-2009, 05:31 AM
I feel ya on this problem, i starved mine for 2 days and for the first time he took a fish fillet from my hand, but he has not done it again, thay are very stubborn and skittish fish. He want eat superworms or shrimp. all he wants is his freekn crickets:hmm3grin2orange:

Bennlfer
11-07-2009, 07:51 AM
Alright thanks guys. Ill keep you posted for sure.

Crispy
11-07-2009, 02:50 PM
yeah, keep us updated and we'll see if we can help any further. Is this your jardini you're talking about?

Bennlfer
11-07-2009, 09:43 PM
Yes it is. Im not sure if i should be doing this now because he's gonna go into his new 135 in about a week, and i dont want him to starve himself further from the move. Should i wait?

hybridguy
11-07-2009, 10:26 PM
Yes it is. Im not sure if i should be doing this now because he's gonna go into his new 135 in about a week, and i dont want him to starve himself further from the move. Should i wait?

you definately want him eating well if you are moving him, i moved mine with my african cichlids today and he is going to have a hard time getting food, so i am going to have to really watch him.:hmm3grin2orange: