PDA

View Full Version : New Pics of Silver Arowana eating cricket

hybridguy
10-24-2009, 01:29 AM
Here are a couple of pics of my silver arowana having dinner.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l298/rancalmik/044.jpg

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l298/rancalmik/042.jpg

Brookfish
10-24-2009, 01:54 PM
Great pics of a beautiful fish, love the reflection in the first one!

hybridguy
10-24-2009, 02:46 PM
Great pics of a beautiful fish, love the reflection in the first one!

yea mike it is hard to photo this guy.thumbs2:

DrNic
10-24-2009, 03:04 PM
Beautiful looking fish!!

hybridguy
10-24-2009, 07:56 PM
Beautiful looking fish!!

Thank youthumbs2:

HomaridNoob6
10-25-2009, 01:45 AM
Cool, very nice looking fish. Wish I had a tank for an arow, but I dont think my cichlids would treat it too nicely, and my empty 55 is too small.

hybridguy
10-25-2009, 01:52 AM
Cool, very nice looking fish. Wish I had a tank for an arow, but I dont think my cichlids would treat it too nicely, and my empty 55 is too small.

Thanks, i am actually going to attempt putting the arow with my cichlids once he reaches about 10".

Demjor19
10-25-2009, 11:25 PM
Great shots and fish! Arowanas certainly are a pain in the butt to photograph! There is always either too much reflection or they move just as you push the button!

hybridguy
10-25-2009, 11:42 PM
Great shots and fish! Arowanas certainly are a pain in the butt to photograph! There is always either too much reflection or they move just as you push the button!

Yea i think i took over 50 photos just to get 2 good ones:shappy:

Crispy
10-28-2009, 11:12 AM
Nice aro. He looks to be getting big enuff to eat superworms (far superior nutritionally than crickets)... have you tried them yet?

hybridguy
10-28-2009, 10:02 PM
Nice aro. He looks to be getting big enuff to eat superworms (far superior nutritionally than crickets)... have you tried them yet?

Yes he still cant handle them, i let him go 2 days without crickets to get him real hungry, i dropped some raw shrimp in for the TSN and RTC and he went to the bottom of the tank and attempted to eat it. After chewing on it for a min. he gave up. So then i tried a superworm he hit it about 3 times but could not get it down, so he is back on crickets for a week or so.thumbs2:

Crispy
10-28-2009, 10:29 PM
Yes he still cant handle them, i let him go 2 days without crickets to get him real hungry, i dropped some raw shrimp in for the TSN and RTC and he went to the bottom of the tank and attempted to eat it. After chewing on it for a min. he gave up. So then i tried a superworm he hit it about 3 times but could not get it down, so he is back on crickets for a week or so.thumbs2:

At least he is attempting to eat them. Thats a real good sign. 1 superworm has the protein of 20 crickets... keep that in mind. "Gutloaded" is even better, although most good shops will already gutload them full of nutrients.

hybridguy
10-28-2009, 11:26 PM
At least he is attempting to eat them. Thats a real good sign. 1 superworm has the protein of 20 crickets... keep that in mind. "Gutloaded" is even better, although most good shops will already gutload them full of nutrients.

Yea i hope to try him in my cichlid tank soon, he is really getting agressive when he eats.He will have to be very fast with the cichlids.I am going to make the 220 just a frontosa and aro tank, as for the gutloading crickets i feed them carrots, apples and brocoli, plus Petsmart feeds them well. i hope in another 2 weeks he will be able to handle superworms because the crickets really stink.:22: thumbs2: :19:

Crispy
10-28-2009, 11:36 PM
Sounds good. I have enuff decor that the fronts stick to the bottom level and the aro stays up top. Working well so far. You have alot more fronts than me though. Grow that aro out a bit more forsure... get him eating EVERYTHING! :ssmile:

...you might want to try some sliced fish fillets (yellow perch and raibow trout are my aros favs). You can cut them to size for him and he should handle them with ease.

BTW, you need a real avatar. =)

hybridguy
10-29-2009, 01:13 AM
Sounds good. I have enuff decor that the fronts stick to the bottom level and the aro stays up top. Working well so far. You have alot more fronts than me though. Grow that aro out a bit more forsure... get him eating EVERYTHING! :ssmile:

...you might want to try some sliced fish fillets (yellow perch and raibow trout are my aros favs). You can cut them to size for him and he should handle them with ease.

BTW, you need a real avatar. =)

I know i need a real avatar, problem is i work from 5 am till 4 pm then drive an hour home and feed all fish feed dogs help kid with homework and in 3 weeks i will be coaching basketball so i have alot on my plate, i will change it soon.I actually just tried some sliced tilapia and the aro tried to take it from my finger but kept missing, the TSN and RTC and Hybrids went nuts over the fillets, they were eating from my hand as fast as i could get it to them!!!:ssmile: I think the aro was not that hungry he already had 5 crickets.thumbs2:

Crispy
10-29-2009, 10:58 AM
I know i need a real avatar, problem is i work from 5 am till 4 pm then drive an hour home and feed all fish feed dogs help kid with homework and in 3 weeks i will be coaching basketball so i have alot on my plate, i will change it soon.I actually just tried some sliced tilapia and the aro tried to take it from my finger but kept missing, the TSN and RTC and Hybrids went nuts over the fillets, they were eating from my hand as fast as i could get it to them!!!:ssmile: I think the aro was not that hungry he already had 5 crickets.thumbs2:

Oh yeah, most predators will go nuts for fresh fish fillets and keeps them off of feeders. Alot of my aros quick growth I attribute to perch and rainbow trout. :fish:

Neon
10-29-2009, 11:01 AM
nice pic ....poor cricket:hmm3grin2orange:

hybridguy
10-29-2009, 09:56 PM
nice pic ....poor cricket:hmm3grin2orange:

thanks, and for the cricket, if they escape out of the water before he gets them i let them live, but that never happens:hmm3grin2orange: