PDA

View Full Version : New species of Spider found.

Northernguy
10-21-2009, 04:12 PM
I saw this in the news this morning and thought I would share.
This one gets big!lol
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/091020/science/science_giant_spider

bushwhacker
10-21-2009, 05:01 PM
better to find that in the news instead of your living room lol

violet
10-21-2009, 05:08 PM
that's really not all that uncommon... It looks like the wolf spider that is in washington and oregon... The person who wrote that article has never been to texas, we have trap door spiders,tarantulas, and bannana spiders and other wood spiders that get that big... LOL This picture of the spider I took a short time back. It was almost as big as the spider they are talking about.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f258/flowerswillgrow/10-13-09002.jpg

VoidParadigm
10-21-2009, 06:57 PM
Nice sounding spider. Where can I pick one up as a pet? :lol:

Thank ye for sharing, though. :19:

Northernguy
10-21-2009, 07:09 PM
I have seen smoe large wolf spiders up here as well! lol
The biggest one I saw by accident.We were camped out sittin' by the fire and I was sitting back leaning against a tree. I wasn't aware of it.I felt something touch my shoulder and went to swat it thinking it was a misquito or something.
I got a handful of some hairy thing and jumped to feet!It was a huge a wolf spider.It had to be as big as my hand.I was glad I had a trailor to sleep in!lol
I just got a chill up my spine thinking about that!:hmm3grin2orange:

VoidParadigm
10-21-2009, 07:16 PM
Haha.
Ooh, I remember some of those wolfs from when I was living in Ontario.
At the time I thought they were the coolest thing ever.
Now I'm smarter! Older!... More afraid! :lol:

sunfishman
10-22-2009, 12:16 AM
writing spiders are everywhere around here. they are beautiful, but HUGE!!!!
one crawled on me one time and i about fainted

Sarkazmo
10-22-2009, 02:35 AM
I love spiders. So helpful in keeping down the pest insects. I often catch spiders and put them out of the way of harm.

Sark

VIP
10-22-2009, 04:34 AM
oh my gosh! dont even let me start about spiders guys...

i am a hiker so i got confronted with the <<dangerous spiders>> of north america.

thru hiking on the Appalachian trail, i had to got off the trail because i was thinking i got bitten by a Brown Reclused...finally it wasnt that though.
3 persons i know had got bitten by these spiders when i was on the trail. pretty bad, when you think that some of them had to have a piece of flesh big as a fist remove from the spott they had been bitten...heuuuuuuw!

i spent A LOT of time in the southwest, deepppppppp in the desert: hiking , guiding and never seen a black widdow until last year... i was in my friend 's house in Alburquerque. the second one i ve seen was the next day, in a oarking lot, hidding near a park bench....

since i ve seen these sooooo cute little fellas and had to eal with it, i am not as affraid that used to be when i was a little younger. goody for me !

i am from the est side of Canada, Quebec-Ontario.
this summer i noticed that we had lots of spiders around the new house.
That i haent seen before...like weird colors and patterns...
one morning i woke up seeing like babies spiders everywhere on my bathroom 's walls... they were all grey, almost green-ish.
i as seeing a lot of those spiders, differnents sizez...everywhere though!!!

and then i ve decided to look it up on the web... yep my dear AC friends, my house was full of the only spider around here that can give you a ggod skin irratation:
Cheiracanthium mildei.

i am just blessed !hihih

aquatic lover
10-22-2009, 05:15 AM
I love spiders. So helpful in keeping down the pest insects. I often catch spiders and put them out of the way of harm.

SarkI agree and I do the same as sark. thats one cool spider! Thanks for sharing ng!

Neon
10-22-2009, 09:33 AM
better to find that in the news instead of your living room lol

AGREED !!! :hmm3grin2orange: LOL

violet
10-22-2009, 10:34 AM
there are so many spiders in this world it's unbeliveable. I used to be afraid of them, yet over the years they just become something you have to learn to either live with or die of fright trying to stay away from. In reality they are beautiful no matter how you look at it. There is one called the pumpkin spider. I first saw it in Oregon. At the time i had wished I had brought my camera with me :). It was big and it had alot of orange on it. That's the best way for me to describe it, you'd have to see it to belive it... MOSt beautiful spider I have ever seen in my life, but I tell you this... I wouldn't want it for a pet, just like I wouldn't want a wolf spider (who can leave a welt on you the size of a quarter from just one bite) or the trap door spider :ssuprised: yep that one is quite common in these parts... and can kill you!! Still it's a beautiful creature.