PDA

View Full Version : Pellet food for bristlenose plecos

learning
04-06-2007, 05:40 AM
Hello
I was talking to someone the other day and they say ultimatesponge.com has a sinking pellet that is wheat based and plecos love it.
Has anyone tried this? The price is right
ty

cocoa_pleco
04-06-2007, 05:45 AM
plecos are mainly algae eaters and veggie eaters. i dont know if wheat is good for them

blue fin
04-06-2007, 05:46 AM
Hello
I was talking to someone the other day and they say ultimatesponge.com has a sinking pellet that is wheat based and plecos love it.
Has anyone tried this? The price is right
ty
I'd offer advise but I can't seem to keep my pleco's alive.... I know mine loved the sinking pellet food but apparently didn't eat enough because they only lasted for a couple of months. Hope you have better luck

kimmers318
04-06-2007, 12:44 PM
Somehow I don't think plecos eat wheat in the wild, so I think I would pass. There are all kinds of sinking tablets and wafers for sale, mine love the Omega One veggie tablets and any algae wafers I drop in. As a matter of fact, all my fish love these!

Fishguy2727
04-06-2007, 01:01 PM
My bristlenose loves the New Life Spectrum Discus pellets. I feed them in a dish to my discus, but the bristlenose always comes out and fills up on them when I feed.

cocoa_pleco
04-06-2007, 02:54 PM
my plecos, all except the clown one, liked algae wafers. They would eat alot, as in 5 quarter shaped pieces of algae wafer each, and would just sit and eat the wafers

Chrona
04-06-2007, 02:56 PM
An awful lot of advertisement in just two posts if you ask me...... ;)

unleashed
04-15-2007, 11:22 AM
plecos are mainly algae eaters and veggie eaters. i dont know if wheat is good for them

ditto. You should only offer your plecos spirulina tablets, algae etc