PDA

View Full Version : A Friendly, Polite Reminder

fins_n_fur
09-17-2009, 03:30 PM
I'd like to encourage you all to always remember to be kind, friendly, and respectful in your posts, especially to less experienced members or new members to the forum. Lately, the mod team has been noticing some inappropriate posts that have come across as rude or abrasive. It's not necessary nor permissible, even if you are having the worst day in your life. You certainly can be direct when you think someone is wrong or is about to or has made a mistake, but you needn't be rude when pointing this out. Remember, too, that we all have our own ways of doing things and have our opinions. A bit of respect goes a very long way. Thank you!

Red
09-17-2009, 03:32 PM
Agreed!.....

Taurus
09-17-2009, 03:35 PM
Agreed! I shall reflect upon my recent posts.....

Northernguy
09-17-2009, 03:36 PM
Thats the way it should be!:22:

Neon
09-17-2009, 03:53 PM
I do agree

Afk4Jfk
09-17-2009, 04:10 PM
I disag...Imean agree 100%

rich311k
09-17-2009, 04:44 PM
Very well put.

tomchartjr
09-17-2009, 08:20 PM
I've been noticing that too. Thanks for trying to bring it to everyone's attention. :19:

Aeonflame
09-18-2009, 12:01 AM
I agree, and I apologize if I have been unfriendly, rude or abraisive in any of my posts. If I do, I would certainly appreciate it if you guys would let me know.

Oscar_freak12321
09-18-2009, 04:00 AM
I will change my ways if I have been abrasive lately. :22:

Wild Turkey
09-18-2009, 06:17 PM
Thats the way it should be!:22:

Agreed!

I think we need to remember that the ultimate goal is to help people, and theres no better way to get them to ignore advice than being rude or upsetting them.

Sharon
09-18-2009, 06:23 PM
Well said! Hi Turk!!! Where have ya been???:ssmile:

Lady Hobbs
09-18-2009, 06:28 PM
All common sense and all written in "Forum Etiquette."

Sharon
09-18-2009, 07:18 PM
Common sense is not all that common!!!:hmm3grin2orange:

Taurus
09-18-2009, 07:22 PM
Common sense is not all that common!!!:hmm3grin2orange:

Sharon, as always, you're brutal....:help: or should I say

Brutally honest which is fine in my book!

Wild Turkey
09-18-2009, 07:28 PM
LOL *ducks*

Its true though if common sense was common we wouldnt need seatbelt laws

I had some family stuff to deal with, today I am moving furniture yay! Thanks for asking:ssmile:

Sharon
09-18-2009, 07:30 PM
Sharon, as always, you're brutal

Who me??? Most people think I'm a lovely person!:hmm3grin2orange:
I do tend to call it as I see it, though! I'm old, I'm allowed!

Glad you're back, Turk!:ssmile:

Padams
09-18-2009, 11:01 PM
if we all remember that "Perception is everything to those who are not us" we will be ok

MCHRKiller
09-18-2009, 11:02 PM
One thing I have learned working in a LFS is, you can stand there and talk till you turn blue. You can constanly rip out that proverbial soap box and rant for hours...but unless the other party is willing to make a change it is feutile. All anyone can do is to present information, statistics, opinions, ideas...whatever and hope that the other party with a problem chooses to accept this information. But if they dont, the choice is ultimatly up to them.

I do wish that more people would learn owner responsibility, and do research before purchasing of course. But we we're all newbs at one point in time as well. Sure some of the cycling, stocking, water parm questions are redundant, we have all answered them a million times over and sure its frustrating sometimes, but we we're all there without a clue at one point in time as well. For advancement in the hobby to be made we must guide the newcomers, not drag them into a firey pit.:22:

although it may be tempting at times

Little Embers
09-19-2009, 12:09 AM
I'd like to encourage you all to always remember to be kind, friendly, and respectful in your posts, especially to less experienced members or new members to the forum. Lately, the mod team has been noticing some inappropriate posts that have come across as rude or abrasive. It's not necessary nor permissible, even if you are having the worst day in your life. You certainly can be direct when you think someone is wrong or is about to or has made a mistake, but you needn't be rude when pointing this out. Remember, too, that we all have our own ways of doing things and have our opinions. A bit of respect goes a very long way. Thank you!
Understood....:22:

....And to those members who are always polite, respectful and friendly, I would like to say; Thank You! thumbs2: ..................A little positive feedback is also nice to hear sometimes too!

mac
09-19-2009, 09:47 PM
I agree. Politeness is great. Common sense, where did that get left in the centuries?????

And I wish to apologize when I get very annoyed and frustrated at times, with some posts.:22:

mac

Deleted User
09-19-2009, 10:00 PM
As a fairly new member here, I just want to chime in and say I'm thankful for the advice I have been given since joining the AC. Not all of the members have agreed in the advice shared with me, but on the threads I have started, all have been polite and considerate to me and each other and I appreciate it. I know that that's not always the case w/ internet forums. I think all in all, the members and the moderators here do an outstanding job and I appreciate it http://www.getsmile.com/emoticons/smileys-91853/aiw/yes.gif

mac
09-19-2009, 10:07 PM
I think all in all, the members and the moderators here do an outstanding job and I appreciate it http://www.getsmile.com/emoticons/smileys-91853/aiw/yes.gif

I agree whole heartily. Thumbs up mod team!!!

mac

Mith
09-20-2009, 03:12 AM
I'm so thankful that God made me perfect......none of this applies to me.

(Mith motions to his servant to feed him another grape...PEELED of course!)

Now where the heck did I park my high horse....grrrrr

Afk4Jfk
09-20-2009, 03:36 AM
I agree and also as i am new here as well i am learning things that may help people as i go. example- I find out about Act carbon not benifiting plants and boom people start asking about plants... Ive been speaking with people about plants so i share the knowledge.. And please if anything i say is wrong, or just rumor Please let me know.