PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Barbs

Walmart Wannabe
07-18-2009, 02:24 AM
Hello I have a ten gallon tank and want to put tiger barbs in it. I have no fish in it but i do have one little frog. I have been researching tiger barbs and i cant get a straight forward answer what to do step by step can someone please help me.

DrNic
07-18-2009, 04:27 AM
I think we need some more info.

How many barbs were you planning on putting in the tank? Were you going to leave the frog in the tank once the barbs are added? What kind of filtration does the tank have?

Walmart Wannabe
07-18-2009, 05:12 AM
4 barbs and i am going to keep the frog because he always hiding anyways and i have one filter and was going to by a heater for them and im pretty sure the chemicals are ok

Jacko
07-18-2009, 06:31 AM
A 10 gallon does not have the swimming space barbs require. They should be in at least a 20 gallon, 20 gallon long is better. They should also be kept in a school of at least 8 to help with aggression issues.

Before you add any more fish, you need to cycle the tank or you'll likely lose them as well. In your other thread you said your tank is 2 weeks old, unless you used a filter off of another tank, there's no way it's cycled.

There's a great free ebook here you might want to read.

Walmart Wannabe
07-18-2009, 06:37 AM
The only reason why i think it is cycled is because i had goldfish in there an d the websites ive been to called the bacteria thats goo is supposed to be cloudy and i see cloudy stuff

robflanker
07-18-2009, 11:34 AM
Before we get all confused with two threads going, lets keep his stocking & cycling advice in this thread;
http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=47377

Walmart Wannabe - we'll handle your questions and help you out in your other thread. This forum tends to be just for saying "Hi I'm X and i'm from Y, and i like fish because bah bah bah"

jaysee
07-18-2009, 02:49 PM
A 10 gallon does not have the swimming space barbs require. They should be in at least a 20 gallon, 20 gallon long is better. They should also be kept in a school of at least 8 to help with aggression issues.

Before you add any more fish, you need to cycle the tank or you'll likely lose them as well. In your other thread you said your tank is 2 weeks old, unless you used a filter off of another tank, there's no way it's cycled.

There's a great free ebook here you might want to read.

I totally agree.

If you put 4 tiger barbs in a 10, no matter how small they are, you will soon find 2 hiding behind the filter, 1 behind the thermometer and 1 on patrol owning the tank. They need numbers and lots of swimming space, both of which the 10 does not allow.