PDA

View Full Version : Dwarf lily pads

Goodbye
06-05-2009, 07:29 AM
My dwarf lily has been growing lily pads. My plant currently has seven of them. As soon as one pad starts to grow it takes about 5 days for it to reach the top of the tank.

Is there a certain amount of the pads that they get or do they just keep growing them?

Thanks,

Agassizii

smaug
06-05-2009, 10:00 PM
It will keep putting up floating leaves until you start trimming them before they reach the surface.Then it would stay compact and subsurface,they also live longer this way.

Goodbye
06-05-2009, 10:37 PM
It will keep putting up floating leaves until you start trimming them before they reach the surface.Then it would stay compact and subsurface,they also live longer this way.

So I should trim the pads off the plant? and after that do I just leave the pad floating?

smaug
06-05-2009, 10:39 PM
It depends on what you want the plant to look like.If you like the looks of floating leaves,then keep it that way.If you want a compact subsurface plant then trim the emergent leaves before the surface.No you cant keep the trimmed leaves floating they are dead then.

Goodbye
06-05-2009, 10:43 PM
It depends on what you want the plant to look like.If you like the looks of floating leaves,then keep it that way.If you want a compact subsurface plant then trim the emergent leaves before the surface.No you cant keep the trimmed leaves floating they are dead then.

Ok, Thanks!