PDA

View Full Version : Newsletter Help

William
03-08-2007, 12:24 PM
Several persons offered to give me their help with regards to the newsletter. Which is good because I could use some help!

What I need is the following.
Pictures. Pictures always make articles better so I would therefore like you to send me any and all pictures you would let me use in the newsletter and on the site. (The articles in the newsletter will be published on these site ones the newsletter has been sent out) If you send me the pictures I will write articles about the species in question. I can not guarantee that I use your pictures in the first newsletter or at all for that matter. But if you send me decent pictures the odds are good that you'll see them in an article soon enough. I will of course also appreciate articles if someone fells like writing them. Just remember however that they need to be written by you for me to be able to publish them due to international copyright laws.Also since I am a lawyer by education I will ask you to read the below before sending me any pictures. I have tried to keep it simple without going too lawyer on you.

By sending me pictures and/or articles you give me and AC tropical fish permission to use those pictures/articles in the AC Tropical Fish Magazine/Newsletter and on the website aquaticcommunity.com and in associated promotional materials. Your pictures might be used in several articles both on the website and in the magazine both now and in the future. While giving AC Tropical fish (aquaticcommunity.com) full rights to use the pictures in the manners described above you retain the right to the picture/article and are free to use it in any way you want.

By sending us a picture/article you guarantee that the picture/article is question is taken/written by yourself and that you own the copyrights to said picture/article.

This second one is not really newsletter related but I still appreciate any help you guys can give me. I would like to publish as complete a list as possible of aquarium clubs/associations around the world on this website (kinda like the wikipedia page a poster is working on) so any help you could give me on this topic would be greatly appreciated. Please pm or email me a list of the clubs/associations you know of including. URL and contact email of the club.Thatís all for know but more might come to mind as I work with the newsletter.

Thanks in advance:22:

Lady Hobbs
03-08-2007, 04:13 PM
Our picture archieves at the following link has some pretty good pictures in it already. You could scarf up a bunch right there I bet.

Incredulous_Ed
03-08-2007, 06:31 PM
I can just PM you articles and pics and stuff?

cocoa_pleco
03-08-2007, 10:14 PM
i'l pm some aquarium organizations in the world to you

William
03-09-2007, 11:10 AM
yes you can just pm or email me pictures, articles and other stuff.

cocoa_pleco: Thanks I'm looking forward to it.

William
03-09-2007, 11:14 AM
I wanted to add that anyone always are free to pm me their articles and i'll be thrilled to publish them. And remember, you don't have to be a pro or an experienced aquarist to write good articles. Just writing about your experinces whatever they might can often result in an interesting article.

I am still waiting to get the pleasure to give out the first article award.

crackatinny
03-09-2007, 11:18 AM
There you go Jeff, what better time for that article on putting together an award winning planted tank HINT HINT

:hmm3grin2orange:

DemonShark
03-10-2007, 01:03 AM
Are we doing a particular fish on our first artlice?

Drumachine09
03-10-2007, 01:29 AM
Whoa whoa whoa. Slow down speedy. We have a magazine?

William
03-10-2007, 10:37 AM
Newsletter, And no the first one comes out (hopefully) april 1th.

You are free to write about whatever you want. (aquarium, water related)

DemonShark
03-10-2007, 05:06 PM
Ok Ill work on it