PDA

View Full Version : Got my shipment of Yellow shrimp today!

Eileen
04-29-2009, 09:14 PM
I got my yellow shrimp today.It only took 3 days Priority Mail and arrived all alive and healthy. I highly recommend http://www.aquabid.com. I bought them in the $ auction from a Missfish. She sells freshwater shrimp on the site. I bid on 10 intense yellow and she even shipped 5 extra. She included a couple of nice peices of Water Sprite Plant for them to hang onto. I even got a little hitchhiker snail on the plant. I think that I will keep it and put it in my hospital tank. I named it Gary from Spongebob Squarepants. :fish:

DrNic
05-19-2009, 02:51 AM
Nice, thanks for the tip! I might be in the market for more shrimp if my cherries do ok in the next couple of weeks.

sktadood13
05-19-2009, 03:46 AM
If that snail is really tiny it may not be a good idea to keep it because those well multiply extremely fast! But if its not thats sweet!. Just make sure if you medicating in the hospital tank, that you take the snail out before adding any medication with copper in it.

Eileen
05-19-2009, 07:25 PM
It is tiny. I have alot of floating plastic plants and they all have algae on them and the 4 red cherry shrimps are not doing much to eat it. I did find another tiny snail. I put it in with the other snail. I might buy some of those non-breeding snails on Aqua-bid. I only have those hitchhiker snail in the one tank that is only 5 gal. so I'm not to worried about a big population in such a tiny tank. I did remove the snail when I was treating a fish and had the water tested and changed the water by 25% a few times already.

Wild Turkey
05-19-2009, 07:44 PM
Ive heard nothing but good things about MissFish, But im glad to hear good things coming from someone on the forum.

I had 24 yellows shipped out from her yesterday so if all goes well you guys can get them off of me for a little cheaper in a few monthsthumbs2:

Its a good idea to remove that snail ( i see you have ) but there may have been eggs on the watersprite as well so keep an eye out.

Good luck with your shrimps! Let me know how it goes:19:

Eileen
05-20-2009, 04:40 AM
Be careful when you get your shrimp. Some of them are so tiny. They could get thrown out by accident. They hide in the plant she provides for them during shipment. Their were to tiny snails in my plants just to let you know. Look at the link I put futher down on Cool shrimp sites. It has a write up on what to do when you get your shipment of shrimps on Planetinverts Go under Home and on the right hand side of the screen under Articles on the top. I had to send MissFish a email because mine did not look really Yellow. They are starting to color up to that Bright yellow now. She is a very nice person. She gets back to your e-mail really quick. :fish: