PDA

View Full Version : Cooley Loach

MudBlood
02-23-2006, 04:53 PM
Anyone here have one of these??? I bought one the other day and he seems to only like to hide under my filter and not come out.
I have tried coaxing him out with a few blood worms, but he seems reluctant to show himself.

I can't find any info on them on the net, but I'm not one that is very good with it either, although they tell me google is foolproof.

Cheers,

Mud

AtomixIGN
03-18-2006, 10:13 PM
They are called Kuhlii Loaches.

Follow this link http://www.loaches.com/species_pages/kloach.html

MudBlood
03-24-2006, 10:56 AM
cheers

Full3R
04-08-2006, 05:30 AM
well i had one and he was also reluctant to come out of the barrel in his tank, kuhli loaches are like this mainly coming out when there is little light as the light scares them also adding another one or two would help it to feel safe

DemonShark
04-08-2006, 06:32 PM
They are also noctorunal so i read so you might see him active at night

MudBlood
04-23-2006, 02:36 PM
they may be nocternal when they first arrive to a new home, but after a few weeks of coaxing out with blood worms and brine shrimp, they quite happily come out each time they hear me open the lid of the aquarium now and frollick around the tank while feeding is in process

the only thing i have found that my kuhli loaches dont like, is when i close the drawer on the cabinet, and i do it a little hard and make a bang, besides that, they love it out of hiding, or so they tell me :)

Mud.

kimmers318
04-24-2006, 03:29 AM
Well, I sure hope I start to see my kuhli's become brave enough to be out and about. Right now they are still hiding most of the time.

Full3R
04-24-2006, 03:33 AM
Like my black ghosts i had they felt alot safer with numerous hiding places so as long as theres a couple of spaces where they can retreat to if they need to quickly they should feel safe enough to come out