PDA

View Full Version : Tiger B doing loops and spinning like a top

szroach
03-25-2009, 02:03 AM
I am new at raising fish, (doing it for my kids). Recently one of my five Barbs started acting strange, doing loops and flips for roughly 60 sec then settles down. Ten to thirty mins. later it starts all over. WHAT THE HECK IS THAT ABOUT!

Sharon
03-25-2009, 10:44 AM
It sounds like he may be on his way out...sorry...

fins_n_fur
03-25-2009, 11:57 AM
I am tending to agree with Sharon. What are your water paramaters? And how new are the fish to the tank?

Brookfish
03-25-2009, 03:17 PM
Anyone any idea what causes the fish to loose buoyancy and spiral
out of control like this?

Wild Turkey
03-25-2009, 03:20 PM
I am new at raising fish, (doing it for my kids). Recently one of my five Barbs started acting strange, doing loops and flips for roughly 60 sec then settles down. Ten to thirty mins. later it starts all over. WHAT THE HECK IS THAT ABOUT!

Sounds like more odd breeding behavior to me. My Tbs do all kinds of weird stuff when they spawn, or want to spawn..they go tail up, spins, loops, face-offs with other fish (the females seem to do this with eachother a lot) As long as the fish seems fine and only does it for a minute at a time i dont think the fish is dying. Does it look fine when it isnt having these little fits?

Brookfish
03-26-2009, 05:45 PM
Any updates on your Barb? just wondering how it fared out?

AABatteries
03-27-2009, 02:25 AM
I've lost a gourami when she was doing this same thing. So, unless its spawning or it hasn't died yet, it would best to euthanize the fish.