PDA

View Full Version : I am a murderer

fishlover49
03-20-2009, 07:08 PM
I just chopped one of my smaller shrimp in half with my siphon hose. :scry: I was trying to be very careful, but I just didn't see the little guy. :scry:

Sharon
03-20-2009, 07:27 PM
Don't worry, Nancy.... We've all done something similiar! :ssmile:

KingFisher
03-20-2009, 07:40 PM
I did the same thing to one of my cories last year. I felt terrible about it. It taught me to be a lot more careful with the gravel vacuum. :11:

korith
03-20-2009, 08:30 PM
It happens. I've accidentally sucked up red cherry shrimp babies a few times. Then spent a long while trying to find them in the bucket. Those rcs babies are clear and aren't colored up, so hard to see.

Shea
03-20-2009, 08:34 PM
It happens.... Hard to avoid. I've done it to a few ghost shrimp before. I guess thats why they call them ghosts lol

fishlover49
03-20-2009, 08:58 PM
Thanks everyone. I looked the pail over too before I dumped it, but not sure if I had any shrimp in there or not. They are so hard to see. I don't mind cleaning all my other tanks, but that shrimp tank is not my favorite to clean. :spam:

Deleted User
03-20-2009, 09:02 PM
We all make mistakes in this hobby.. If your ever unsure if there is anything in the water your going to dump. Put the water through a net first and anything that is in there will be caught in the net. :ssmile:

fishlover49
03-20-2009, 09:07 PM
We all make mistakes in this hobby.. If your ever unsure if there is anything in the water your going to dump. Put the water through a net first and anything that is in there will be caught in the net. :ssmile:

I didn't even think of doing that. Thanks! I will do that next time, if I am unsure. thumbs2:

Sharon
03-20-2009, 09:07 PM
I use a python and everything goes into the sink. I'm glad I don't have shrimp....

Rue
03-20-2009, 09:10 PM
Sorry! It happens...

...when I went to pour off the water before releasing the danios into the tank, one jumped into the sink...

...twice...

I only have 4 danios in the tank vs. 5. I think that did the one poor guy in...:scry:

Deleted User
03-20-2009, 09:10 PM
I didn't even think of doing that. Thanks! I will do that next time, if I am unsure. thumbs2:

Just another little tip I picked up over time. Did the same a long time ago to some fry lesson learned. :scry:

jaysee
03-22-2009, 09:16 PM
Sorry! It happens...

...when I went to pour off the water before releasing the danios into the tank, one jumped into the sink...

...twice...

I only have 4 danios in the tank vs. 5. I think that did the one poor guy in...:scry:

That's happened to me with danios and with ghost shrimp. Use a net. When I put my 5 danios in the tank, the next day I could only find 4. I looked EVERYWHERE, including the floor and under the couch. I found it later hiding in a plant - was watching tv and saw a slight movement out of the corner of my eye. It's not dead until you find the body. It has since come out and rejoined the school.