PDA

View Full Version : got my tank now need recomendations

bluebluecow
03-01-2009, 03:19 PM
Hi

Well I got a 60L tank 2ft lenght, and now looking for suggestions for shrimp, our local fish shop, has a contact in lOndon and they are looking at getting some interesting freshwater shrimp soon, in the next couple of weeks, so with my tank cycling fishless, with filter material from old tank should be ready for them by then

So any ideas, Looking for colour, we have put a blue sand in and blue rocks, will plant quite heavy too

Liz

smaug
03-01-2009, 03:57 PM
Even though you have used media from an old filter,your cycle will not hold without some sort of bioload for the bact to feed on,a few weeks is too long.

bluebluecow
03-01-2009, 04:02 PM
ohh so could I put something in sooner, just want to do this properly, last cycled a tank 4 yrs ago

liz

fins_n_fur
03-01-2009, 04:13 PM
Smaug is correct, if you don't have fish in there now, you'll need to keep the bacteria colony fed with ammonia until you have bought fish, unless you get fish tomorrow.

bluebluecow
03-01-2009, 05:06 PM
ok new question, If I take my filter material from the old tank out and put it back in the old tank, until I get my plants and new light in the tank that Ive ordered today, then can I put the filter material back in and then start stocking next day

Many thanks

Liz