PDA

View Full Version : A little more gray hair this morning

fishlover49
02-27-2009, 04:44 PM
I just did a PWC on my shrimp tank, first time. :help: OMG! They just will not move! They are pretty tiny yet and some just totally blend in with the gravel. I didn't suck any up, but darn close. Hope I didn't squish any down in the gravel while trying to clean it. :scry: That was interesting to say the least. lol :14:

sandy_n
02-27-2009, 04:52 PM
LOL, I'm not laughing at you, it's just funny the way you described it. I'm sure it was a little nerve wracking. Now you'll get better each time you do it thumbs2:

Jellygirl
02-27-2009, 05:00 PM
That made me smile - there is a first time for everything.

Try wriggling your finger lightly over the gravel, just below the vac. tube.

Rue
02-27-2009, 05:08 PM
Sounds like you had a stressful time! You'd think they'd be a bit more interested in self-preservation...

PUNISHER VETTE
02-27-2009, 05:11 PM
I haven't tried it but maybe you can put a small mesh screen over your gravel vac. Something like pantyhose or the material that holds things in a filter.

That way tiny particles and debris will go though but your shrimp will get stuck...

fishlover49
02-27-2009, 07:06 PM
My eyes are not that great anyway to see the little buggers. (blush) I almost should use binoculars. :ssuprised: I "think" they are all alive and kicking yet, so that is what counts. thumbs2: Thanks everyone. I will try some of your suggestions the next time I clean the gravel. thumbs2: