PDA

View Full Version : Zebra danios grrrr

Lady Hobbs
02-11-2007, 02:19 PM
The zebra's I got last week have shedded the fins totally on my long-finned danio's that I just love. I wanted more of the long-finned but couldn't find them so got the zebra's. Yesterday I found my long-fins hiding in the plants with hardly any fins left on them! They have been moved!

jweintraub
02-11-2007, 02:32 PM
Oh my goodness... So sorry to hear about that! Use some stress coat or melafix to get those long flowing fins back!

Lady Hobbs
02-11-2007, 03:07 PM
I love the long-finned. The are a deep blue and so pretty and I wanted many more of them. Got these zebra's thinking they may pal together. Wrong! I saw a huge amount of chasing going on but they move so fast and I took it as playing together.

I had to literally remove everything from the 55 tank to catch the one long-fin. I got worn out much faster than he did!

Severus
02-11-2007, 03:47 PM
It is hard catching them, i have to lower the water level in my tank. Im sorry to hear about that hobbs. They should be alright though. Good luck!

kenyth
03-01-2007, 04:07 PM
I hear long fins should only be kept with other long fins and that differrent Danio types should be added in pairs.

*Sarah*
03-01-2007, 05:23 PM
Aww, I'm sorry about that. I hope those long fins grow back.

Incredulous_Ed
03-01-2007, 09:27 PM
ooooohh.....Sorry to hear that. It alot easier to catch danios if you use 2 nets.

Severus
03-02-2007, 03:49 AM
I hear long fins should only be kept with other long fins and that differrent Danio types should be added in pairs.

My long fins and zebras get a long great. They practically school together