PDA

View Full Version : Blue reputation point?

Alfcea
02-18-2009, 08:11 PM
Hello,

I just noticed that a new member in the forum gave me some rep... but it appears as a blue square, rather than a green one, in the User CP. What does this mean? Is it that he is just too new to the forum to give rep or is that bad reputation? Thanks

Fishalicious
02-18-2009, 08:28 PM
Green - adds reps
Blue/grey - someone loved your post but they have not posted enough yet to have earned any reps to give away
Red - Baaaaaaaaaaaaad rep! :spam:

Alfcea
02-18-2009, 08:31 PM
Oh, OK. Thanks!!!

bushwhacker
02-18-2009, 08:59 PM
whooo-ee TG mine are green, i'd hate to get some of them red ones

Lady Hobbs
02-18-2009, 11:24 PM
No one should get any red ones here. A forum is for everyones opinion and not for someone to give you bad rep if they don't happen to like yours. It's kind of an insult, really.

cocoa_pleco
02-18-2009, 11:56 PM
yep, no bad reps. i just give them to spammers, makes me feel good. LOL

Fishalicious
02-18-2009, 11:59 PM
I've had a bad rep ... from a member I will not mention ... because I suck on tubing to vacuum the tank weekly - they found it disgusting :hmm3grin2orange:

gm72
02-19-2009, 12:06 AM
I am SO not going to go there. :ssuprised:

Fishalicious
02-19-2009, 12:14 AM
Neither you should...Hobbs is behind me with a spoon at the ready :hmm3grin2orange:

korith
02-19-2009, 12:30 AM
I've had a bad rep ... from a member I will not mention ... because I suck on tubing to vacuum the tank weekly - they found it disgusting :hmm3grin2orange:

That is disgusting! I put the turkey baster I use for sucking out snails into the tubing and use that to create the suction.

Fishalicious
02-19-2009, 12:42 AM
Oh boy here we go again LOL I have been doing it this way for longer than I care to remember and have never had any tank water in my mouth...:11: It's years of practise and timing :fish2:

Algenco
02-19-2009, 12:43 AM
Oh boy here we go again LOL I have been doing it this way for longer than I care to remember and have never had any tank water in my mouth...:11: It's years of practise and timing :fish2:

40 years of doing it that way and I haven't drowned yet:hmm3grin2orange:

fins_n_fur
02-19-2009, 12:45 AM
I do the same for my nano...if you're careful and time it right, you don't get tank water in your mouth.

Fishalicious
02-19-2009, 12:45 AM
We can be disgusting together hun :1luvu: Sheesh everytime this comes up I am made to feel like I haven't showered in a year (blush)

I will laugh if you two get red reps as well now LOL

Algenco
02-19-2009, 01:02 AM
I learned to siphon gas for the lawnmower at a very young age, water is easy

Lady Hobbs
02-19-2009, 01:05 AM
And here comes another tube sucker! I always do it that way!

Wild Turkey
02-19-2009, 01:19 AM
The grey ones are fun to get I think! Never got any blue, did they change the color or something?

Algenco
02-19-2009, 01:26 AM
The grey ones are fun to get I think! Never got any blue, did they change the color or something?

gray/blue probably the same in different browsers

bushwhacker
02-19-2009, 01:28 AM
i just wouldnt worry my tanks are probably the cleanest water in the house, lol i did get one of the blue/grey rep points today.. just glad he thought enough about my post to send me one

Algenco
02-19-2009, 01:31 AM
i just wouldnt worry my tanks are probably the cleanest water in the house, lol i did get one of the blue/grey rep points today.. just glad he thought enough about my post to send me one

the acknowledgment is more important than the amount of pointsthumbs2:

geowashlaw
02-19-2009, 01:31 AM
No one should get any red ones here. A forum is for everyones opinion and not for someone to give you bad rep if they don't happen to like yours. It's kind of an insult, really.

there are some people around though that have difficulty expressing their opinions without being arrogant and condescending ...

Wild Turkey
02-19-2009, 01:32 AM
the acknowledgment is more important than the amount of pointsthumbs2:

Ed Zachery! thumbs2:

there are some people around though that have difficulty expressing their opinions without being arrogant and condescending ...

You're Right, but you arent exactly setting a good example with that statement are you? ;) Just dont acknowledge them.

Algenco
02-19-2009, 01:39 AM

then it should be discussed in PM

geowashlaw
02-19-2009, 01:56 AM
then it should be discussed in PM

oh, I just blow it off and don't ever make a big deal about it ... it just makes their advice harder to take

cocoa_pleco
02-19-2009, 02:38 AM
another one here for starting siphons by mouth. the instructions always say to shake the siphon up and down rapidly to get it going but thats never worked for me, and i would imagine its hard to do without smacking into something. really unless youre not paying attention to what youre doing its hard to get water in your mouth starting a siphon by mouth

Algenco
02-19-2009, 02:38 AM
oh, I just blow it off and don't ever make a big deal about it ... it just makes their advice harder to take

understandable

Wild Turkey
02-19-2009, 02:54 AM
another one here for starting siphons by mouth. the instructions always say to shake the siphon up and down rapidly to get it going but thats never worked for me, and i would imagine its hard to do without smacking into something. really unless youre not paying attention to what youre doing its hard to get water in your mouth starting a siphon by mouth

When i use my smaller siphon i submerge it as much as i can and let the air bubbles rise out...then i put my thumb on the end, pull all but the end of the siphon out and down towards the bucket and take my thumb off. Works thumbs2: And no fish water in the mouth

Crispy
02-19-2009, 02:57 AM
When i use my smaller siphon i submerge it as much as i can and let the air bubbles rise out...then i put my thumb on the end, pull all but the end of the siphon out and down towards the bucket and take my thumb off. Works thumbs2: And no fish water in the mouth

I do the same! Works like a charm everytime!

labnjab
02-19-2009, 05:21 AM
And here comes another tube sucker! I always do it that way!

We do too on our reef, lol, i want to know exactly how much we are taking out so we can replace it with the same, so we siphon with a gravel vac without the vac (just the hose) into a jug. i use a python on the FW tanks

Fishalicious
02-19-2009, 08:35 AM
Huraaaaaaaah!!! Unite Tube Suckers of the World :hmm3grin2orange:

So glad I am not the only one ....

geowashlaw
02-19-2009, 05:03 PM
Ok ... I did the suck on the tube thing once ... I was emptying a tank and the water level had gotten low and I couldn't pump it up and down to get the siphon going ... I accidentally got water in my mouth ... About 2 -3 days later I started puking and was sick for 5 days ... I don't know if it was coincidence or if it was some kind of parasite I got from the water ... but I will never do it again ... I'll dip the water out with a spoon first ... :hmm3grin2orange:

Gemini
02-20-2009, 06:46 AM
[QUOTE=Fishalicious]Huraaaaaaaah!!! Unite Tube Suckers of the World :hmm3grin2orange:
QUOTE]
:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Alfcea
02-20-2009, 04:30 PM
Wow! Look at this! I had no idea that this thread had become a battleground of tube suckers against the world!!! :hmm3grin2orange: Let me just say that this was not my intention....

Anyways...

... the instructions always say to shake the siphon up and down rapidly to get it going but thats never worked for me, and i would imagine its hard to do without smacking into something...

Actually, it isn't hard. You don't have to shake it a lot. Just a couple of cm up and down very fast... and then the flow gets going... It works fine for me!

korith
02-20-2009, 05:10 PM
Fish tube suckers ewwwwwwwwwww!

bushwhacker
02-21-2009, 12:50 AM
Fish tube suckers ewwwwwwwwwww!

korith are your tanks that dirty??? LOL J/K bud,,,, but i'd much rather get a mouthfull of my tank water than gasoline... back to the point of this thread i got my second blue point today.. maybe i'm doing something right ( for a change )

Crispy
02-27-2009, 05:56 PM
Ack!! I got a red point!! Arghhhhhh... because of a quip about a puppy??

Kadina
02-27-2009, 06:08 PM
I'm a tube sucker too. I really had no idea there was any other way to do it and it works fine. Timing is everything. The only time I have every gotten fish water in my mouth is when the tube isn't dry to begin with.

gabbyguppy
02-27-2009, 06:12 PM

Hmmm.........perhaps this is the consequence of messing with a b**ch and her puppies. :ssuprised:

Karen

fishlover49
02-27-2009, 06:55 PM
I'm a tube sucker too. I really had no idea there was any other way to do it and it works fine. Timing is everything. The only time I have every gotten fish water in my mouth is when the tube isn't dry to begin with.

Me too. (blush) You definitely have to keep an eye peeled on how close the water is getting. I have never had a problem. I tried the up and down thing in the tank, but I smacked a fish once while doing that so I quit. :14:

Wild Turkey
02-27-2009, 06:58 PM

Just pm them, or if you really feel its needed, a mod. Giving red points is frowned upon, just make sure they are aware of it nicely.

Crispy
02-27-2009, 07:33 PM
Just pm them, or if you really feel its needed, a mod. Giving red points is frowned upon, just make sure they are aware of it nicely.

no harm done really...

korith
02-27-2009, 10:16 PM
Heh, last week I noticed someone left me the comment, they appreciated my advice, then gave me a blue rep instead of a red by mistake:p

Wild Turkey
02-27-2009, 10:34 PM
no harm done really...

Right but if someone like hobbs gave bad reps out no one would have any rep but her since she would be taking people down by almost 100 each time. Thats why its frowned upon

Ryuu
02-27-2009, 11:02 PM
Lol, if I had a quarter for everytime I did that. My brother seen me do it, and decided he wanted to try. Well, I told him to stop, and he kept going. He spit the water all over my homework lol.

saurjusa
02-28-2009, 03:09 PM
Ups!, I'm a sucker too. I haven't been doint this for a long time but I've done it like that since the start... I guess, I've done it with so many other liquids that this shouldn't be a problem. Never had water in my mouth. I suck with the siphon and tube upright and when the tube is half way full I use my thumb to stopper it and bring it down to the bucket... it works... so I guess I may join the TSotWU

Crispy
02-28-2009, 06:27 PM
Right but if someone like hobbs gave bad reps out no one would have any rep but her since she would be taking people down by almost 100 each time. Thats why its frowned upon

some kind folks gave me good rep for getting the bad, so it worked out in my favor.

bushwhacker
02-28-2009, 07:09 PM

so what your saying is that if we all got together and sent lady hobbs bad rep we could cut down that overload? (bushwhacker falls to his knees and prays to saint hobbs... please lady i was just kiddin)