PDA

View Full Version : can't find kuhlii loach

Wallyfish
02-09-2007, 06:26 AM
I added a baby kuhlii loach to my tank. After 15 minutes, he found a rock to hide under. I have never seen him in the tank again. It's been three days. Is this normal? I think the only fish big enough to threaten the loach is my mollies however they didn't seem interested in him as they swam right next to him and didn't do anything. I checked underneath the rock recently and hes no where to be found.

kimmers318
02-09-2007, 01:47 PM
Kuhli's can hide in the smallest of places and the most unlikely of places. A big favorite is either the filter or under the gravel. When I moved my kuhli's from one tank to another that I put in a sand bottom I was convinced only 3 of the 4 were left....till I stirred up the gravel! I have heard of them swimming into filters too.

minabird
02-09-2007, 02:04 PM
They are also nocturnal. If you want to see them, turn off the tank light, just keep a room light on, and drop some food in to entice them to come out. You could also buy a blue light to simulate moonlite for your tank. A red lite might also work.

Abbeys_Mom
02-09-2007, 02:07 PM
My kuhli will will go "unseen" for 6 months or more.

minabird
02-09-2007, 02:11 PM
My kuhli will will go "unseen" for 6 months or more.

After I moved mine into my 28gal tank, I only saw all of them at the same time for about the 1st week. AFter that nothing, until about 2 weeks ago when I actually saw one sleeping near the front of the tank among my 6 albino cories.