PDA

View Full Version : Cant find my Dalmation!!!

dishmando
02-02-2007, 04:30 AM
Well, sadly, another fish has died in my "cycling" tank. It was a dalmation molly and my wife found her floating atop beside the spray bar. Then we realized we may have lost 2 out of the 3 dalmations we had because we could only see 1 swimming on its own now. Tonight i added an air stone and went through the tank with my hand but could not find our other molly m.i.a.
Is it possible that 1 or all 3 of my ID sharks ate her???(mind you their bellies seem to look plumper).... The sharks are babies themselves(2.5 inches max) so i cant see it happening. Im new to the hobby so maybe this is possible??
I have 3 clown loaches(small), 4 gouramis, and 2 platys............ help me figure this one out! :help: :confused:

cocoa_pleco
02-02-2007, 04:42 AM
I also had a baby id shark in a community tank. they're frady cats, and i cant see him doin it. I think he'll appear soon. In another forum, someone couldnt find a fish and the next day it popped outta nowhere. But, check your floor to see if he jumped, and check filters

cocoa_pleco
02-02-2007, 04:42 AM
also, gouramis and id's are bad cycling fish

dishmando
02-02-2007, 04:47 AM
ive checked the floor, and theres no way he could be in my filter. The intake tube has a cover on it.(screen)
Now when u say id's and gouramis are "bad" cycling fish, do u mean i should expect to lose em?................

cocoa_pleco
02-02-2007, 04:52 AM
well, if you do frequent water changes, they may be okay.
I did the same mistake with my id and I did like 2 water changes 50% each a day until my cycle was over.

Good cyclers are platys, danios, and guppies.

One thing that I used during cycling is that ammo-lock product. The ammonia is still there, but it makes it non-harmful to fish.

But, where did your fish go??????????????????????

Check all ornaments, and maybe check some gravel. Ill need the CSI team on this one

How bigs your tank?

Abbeys_Mom
02-02-2007, 02:18 PM
I had a pleco completely disappear once. Usually if you can't find them and they die, you can find the "plate", it a hard part and the fish can't eat it. He was in a 55g with some baby koi and there was no way that one of them ate him whole. To this day, it remains a mystery.

jeffs99dime
02-02-2007, 03:05 PM
one of the many reasons why fishless cycling is the way to go! sorry to hear about your molly

cocoa_pleco
02-02-2007, 10:36 PM
WTF, one of my glowlights is missin. I ripped da whole tank appart, checked the floor/ filters, and vacuumed the gravel. Hes gone. its contagious

jeffs99dime
02-02-2007, 10:38 PM
WTF, one of my glowlights is missin. I ripped da whole tank appart, checked the floor/ filters, and vacuumed the gravel. Hes gone. its contagious

this sometimes happens. it's just one of those things, ya know. sorry to hear about it.

cocoa_pleco
02-03-2007, 02:20 AM
i wanna put tracking chips in all of my fish:laugh1blue:

jeffs99dime
02-03-2007, 02:23 AM
i wanna put tracking chips in all of my fish:laugh1blue:

you'd probably find the chip in the stomach of another fish at some point in time. it happens

cocoa_pleco
02-03-2007, 02:38 AM
im sure that'd happen. lol

dishmando
02-03-2007, 02:40 AM
FOUND HIM!!!!!...............

dead........ in one of my ornaments. don't know how i missed it. Damn gourami was nippin at him!! hehehehhh

cocoa_pleco
02-03-2007, 02:58 AM
once i couldnt find my faveroute cylestial goldfish and I found him dead all white in a ornament

sorry 4 ur loss

Abbeys_Mom
02-03-2007, 03:29 AM
At least you know. Sorry you couldn't have found it alive :(