12-19-2008, 10:10 PM
How can I get loaches to come out?:hmm3grin2orange:

angelcakes
12-19-2008, 10:18 PM
food...................:hmm3grin2orange:

mac
12-20-2008, 12:26 AM
Hi,
Given time they will come out. Just a small amount of food at a time, and slowly they will come out.

mac

Brookfish
12-22-2008, 02:45 AM
Keep them in a group and you will see them perform naturally,
some loaches take a while to acclimatise to their surroundings,
but when they do they are one of the most entertaining fish you can keep.

mac
12-22-2008, 08:36 AM
Yes quite right there Brook. Once these fish get use to their environment and they have enough of their own species to feel safe they start to come out.

mac

Northernguy
12-22-2008, 04:23 PM
lol I hear taking their pics and posting them will get them to come out!:hmm3grin2orange:
Food is by far the best way to get them out.

Crispy
12-22-2008, 07:10 PM
My clowns are out all the time, day or night... might be due to the floating plants that shade the tank for them?? They have so many nooks and crannies, yet they're ALWAYS out.

mac
12-23-2008, 09:44 AM
My clowns are out all the time, day or night... might be due to the floating plants that shade the tank for them?? They have so many nooks and crannies, yet they're ALWAYS out.

I have not found to much success in keeping my Loaches out with Floating plants. But I have found that the more numbers and proper types of caves and places to hide. Then they become very active.

mac

Dave66
12-23-2008, 10:28 AM
Mac is correct. The more tight hidey-holes built into an aquarium layout, the more secure the loaches are, thus you see them all the time.

Dave

Crispy
12-23-2008, 05:45 PM
I have not found to much success in keeping my Loaches out with Floating plants. But I have found that the more numbers and proper types of caves and places to hide. Then they become very active.

My entire tank is nooks and crannies... I never see my raphael cat, but the loaches are a different story... they love it.

JimTheBetta
12-24-2008, 03:25 AM
See our loaches are weird, they spend most of the day spazzing out going in circles around the tank. If there not doing that then they are hiding in one of the many plants in the tank.

Honestly adding more plants helped ours out.

Jacko
12-24-2008, 03:28 AM
While food gets them out, it shouldn't be used for that all the time, learn to watch for them at feeding times and don't feed at other times too much. Over feeding is more of a problem than having them hide alot.
A more secure enviroment (plants, hidey holes, rockes etc.) and clean, stable water.
If they are stressed due to their environment, they are going to alot more lethargic and more elusive.

cer
12-24-2008, 01:32 PM
I am trying kuhli loaches!

JimTheBetta
12-24-2008, 07:53 PM
I am trying kuhli loaches!

Don't know if this has been asked, but how many do you have? I have 3 right now and after the third one was added in all the others got a lot more open to being, well in the open. Im adding 2 more to finish off there little school.

Also sadly i think mine we see more cause at first there were no plants to hide in. When they first went in the tank it was rather barren. Now my best guess is there used to it, hence the continual spazing :D

Crispy
12-24-2008, 08:32 PM
probably the bigger the school of loaches, the more secure they'll feel, hence, they'll be out more often.