PDA

View Full Version : Whoever said Kuhli Loaches are boring...

Demi ^_^
12-15-2008, 11:21 PM
I only have 2 (Getting 3 more, when I can find somewhere that stocks em! :1luvu: )

But my 2 are crazy! After avid reading, most of what I have read says that Kuhli Loaches only come out an night/are boring/stay hidden all the time. I am really suprised at how little credit these websites give these fantastic creatures!

Mine are out ALL the time! Freddie, my little stripey is always found at the front glass, doing flips and swimming all around the substrate! Whereas my lil blacky is always doing rounds of the tank and sneaking over rocks and through plants! I'm gonna have to try and get it on film :hmm3grin2orange:

Anyone who is thinking of getting Kuhlis, I STRONGLY reccomend them! They are hardy, incredibly fun, interesting and cute! :11:

Brookfish
12-16-2008, 12:46 AM
I love the way you name your fish, lol
but I agree loaches are a great fish to keep.
Good luck on finding 3 more, then you'll really see their
true behaviour as the do much better in groups.thumbs2:

BigMac
12-16-2008, 12:49 AM
Such a load of personality in such a little fish!

I do love my loaches.. I'd like to try Kuli some time in the future.

richberstler
12-16-2008, 01:10 AM
I love mine. Every once in awhile they go nutty and go crazy makiing noise as they knock gravel into the glass.

Mvjnz
12-16-2008, 02:24 PM
I had 3 kuhlii loaches once. Only saw them about once a month, and then only one or two at a time, and they were always half hidden behind plants, just lying there.

Then in June I took everything out of the tank while changing the substrate. After that I only saw one of them once or twice, and haven't seen any of them since. Dunno if they're still alive or what.

Shame really, because they are sooo cute.

But glad to hear you're enjoying yours:)

Nobodynotime
12-16-2008, 02:58 PM
I've got good sized rock in my substrate and they are always burrowing around in there, they are real fun to watch when I do get to see them. Which only seeing them once a week isn't such a bad thing, it makes them that much more special I think.

mac
12-16-2008, 08:09 PM
Hi,
My 7 are always out and about. Never hidden. It i a real shame these fish get bad publicity.

IMO I think the reason some people don't see them much is because they could have to aggressive fish for the Loaches tastes.

mac

cer
12-17-2008, 09:53 PM
Thats a strange story.