PDA

View Full Version : Woot! I have a berried female!!

Gemini
12-03-2008, 12:35 AM
After a few frustrating months, a few deaths, and a few learning curves, I finally have my first berried female cherry shrimp!!!!! I am sooooo beyond excited about it!! So everyone check out my soon to be (fingers crossed) shrimp mummy!

teach
12-03-2008, 12:37 AM
Awsome I have 2ghosts that are too hopefully mine make it too good luck.

Demi ^_^
12-03-2008, 01:03 AM
Congrats! Make sure their is plenty of moss for the little itsy bitsy bubs to hide in! Goodluck!

Wild Turkey
12-03-2008, 01:53 AM
Congrats! you'll have more than you know what to do with soon :)

korith
12-03-2008, 02:00 AM
After a few frustrating months, a few deaths, and a few learning curves, I finally have my first berried female cherry shrimp!!!!! I am sooooo beyond excited about it!! So everyone check out my soon to be (fingers crossed) shrimp mummy!

First it's just one, then it multiples. Sometimes when they shed their skin, they don't recover their eggs, and sometimes new mothers will lose their eggs. Don't worry too much about it, they will be berried in no time again. I think at any given time there is 3-5 berried red cherry shrimp in my tank. The baby shrimp are awesome, they are so small. You can sit in front of the tank trying to find/count them for ages. If you only clean the front side of the tank, they will enjoy the algae on the other sides, and can be more easily seen.

Gemini
12-03-2008, 02:46 AM
Thanks everyone! I hope I do end up with them overrunning my tank!
Korith - I already had one awhile ago seem to drop her eggs onto the java moss while she was trying to do something and then she couldn't seem to find them. I was worried they were unhappy or I was doing something wrong so I am so happy now!

korith
12-03-2008, 06:01 AM
Thanks everyone! I hope I do end up with them overrunning my tank!
Korith - I already had one awhile ago seem to drop her eggs onto the java moss while she was trying to do something and then she couldn't seem to find them. I was worried they were unhappy or I was doing something wrong so I am so happy now!

Nah it just happens sometimes doesn't have to be anything wrong with the tank at all. I've read about people about still hatching the eggs, they collect them and put them into a container with an air stone in it. And do daily water changes that seems to help.

Gemini
12-03-2008, 06:12 AM
Ohhhh ok. I thought they were a lost cause and just sucked them out with the syphon on the next clean. I'll keep an eye out if it happens again and I'll catch them if possible. I'm so excited!!:19:

terrapin24h
12-03-2008, 03:50 PM
congrats!

--chris

angelcakes
12-03-2008, 03:51 PM
congrats:19: :19: :19:

Northernguy
12-03-2008, 06:41 PM
Way to go Gemini!:19: Congrats!!:c3: