PDA

View Full Version : Rotala Nanjenshan

Lady Hobbs
11-30-2008, 06:31 AM
Anyone have luck with this plant? Thinking of getting some of it but one site says it needs moderate light with low pH and the next site says bright light and pH up to 7.5.

cocoa_pleco
11-30-2008, 06:41 AM
LOL, when i first saw the title i thought the thread was about some foreign president

Red
11-30-2008, 07:31 AM
LOL, when i first saw the title i thought the thread was about some foreign president

LOL i was thinking the same thing!
sorry hobbs i dont no much about plants :(

Dave66
11-30-2008, 08:49 AM
Anyone have luck with this plant? Thinking of getting some of it but one site says it needs moderate light with low pH and the next site says bright light and pH up to 7.5.

All the Rotala species need very bright light Hobbsy. That particular plant hasn't been named to science, so the actual term is Rotala sp. 'Nanjenshan', with the Nanjenshan the area of Japan it occurs. It isn't a difficult plant to grow, but it does need a fine-grade, nutrient-rich substrate with chelated iron the most important. Aquatic soils would be perfect. As long as your tank is near neutral and moderately soft, it'll thrive, and thrive to the extent you'll be trimming it weekly. Temps are 77 to 82.

Dave

Lady Hobbs
12-10-2008, 04:20 AM
Thanks Dave. Just remember a minute ago I had posted a question about this plant.