PDA

View Full Version : Zebra Loaches Schooling

BigMac
10-03-2008, 09:09 PM
I just got 4 young zebra loaches.

Two of them swim around all the time and two are always hidden.

The two that swim openly tend to school with my cory cats. If your watching from across the room they get together and swim in a large school. As soon as you get a little closer they break up.

It's like the little buggers have an identity crisis.

I wonder why the other two dont school with the cory cats as well.

I was trying to get a pic of this this morning to post. Now thats a dang tric.

How the heck do you get a good schooling pic. Cant get close enough and their moving too fast.

angelcakes
10-03-2008, 09:12 PM
its difficult heres the best i come up with these are of my clowns
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh47/angelfishe/moremore010.jpg

Dave66
10-03-2008, 09:31 PM
You should get your loaches in groups of six or more, as they are group fish, as angel's photo shows (good shot by the way, angel). If you'd got at least six of the Botia striata you'd see them all together. The loaches are most secure in groups, and being most secure means you'll see them all together a lot more. The two schooling with the corys is trying to get the security of a group, since there aren't enough of its kind around.

Dave

angelcakes
10-03-2008, 09:32 PM
You should get your loaches in groups of six or more, as they are group fish, as angel's photo shows (good shot by the way, angel). If you'd got at least six of the Botia striata you'd see them all together. The loaches are most secure in groups, and being most secure means you'll see them all together a lot more. The two schooling with the corys is trying to get the security of a group, since there aren't enough of its kind around.

Dave

BigMac
10-03-2008, 09:45 PM
Wow that pic is so cool it looks photo shopped! Thats what I'm talking about, wow.

All mine came out bad and blurry.

As soon as I find two more, I plan to bring their numbers up. I chose them because they stay a little smaller. There are Clown and Yo Yo loaches here comonly. I bought all the zebras my LFS had.

This is a really neet fish. I kinda feel like I was missing out when I only had Oscars. The little guys are smart, agile and fast. I hope I dont have to try and catch them any time soon.

If only I could get them to eat so I can see it.. I worry about fish I dont see eat. I know they are eating.. I just have not seen it.

angelcakes
10-03-2008, 10:21 PM
Wow that pic is so cool it looks photo shopped! Thats what I'm talking about, wow
its the best picture ive ever took,im well proud of that one,never been able to take another like it:19: