PDA

View Full Version : I know I'm WAAAAYYY to new to make a suggestion but....

kyriele
01-06-2007, 05:03 AM
Do you think there are enough people in the forum who own / love / hate know anything about the hybrid breeds? There are not only the manmade jellybeans, flowerhorns, blood parrots, etc. but there are also accidental breedings that I've read about occurring all the time!

(besides...I really want to know all I can about blood parrots..smile...and you all seem like the most level-headed, knowledgeable group I've come across so far)

Lady Hobbs
01-06-2007, 05:16 AM
Possibly asking about them in the cichlid threads would get your more answers but truthfully, I don't think many here have them or are keeping quiet about it. LOL They are pretty controversial fish. :)

kyriele
01-06-2007, 05:49 AM
Way off topic...but whereabouts in Michigan? My husband is from Melvindale, just downriver from Detroit. I'm the Canuckian...living in Sin City here in Windsor :)

Not quite sure where this LFS is, but my father in law is promising to take me to a place called Fantastic Fins in MI and it's supposed to be a mad fish store! The owner says he does it "to support his fish habit :)".

Lady Hobbs
01-06-2007, 06:15 AM
I'm near Cadillac........31/2 hours north of Detroit. I'm up here with the Jack Pine Savages. LOL

kyriele
01-06-2007, 07:37 PM
Laugh..then I guess I won't ask if you want to hit the fish store with me :)

And btw....woohoo!! My tank arrived today :) Now for the serious business of decorating :) Laugh...I don't think my fish would like a boudoir set up moulin rouge style....so I'll have to figure out what colours/theme type thing for them. I'm nowhere NEAR ready to do the cool sounding rock wall I found on the DIY section. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure that at this point, if I was to day ANYTHING myself, my new fish would either die from me poisoning them with some "shouldn't have used" type product...or die laughing :)

Lady Hobbs
01-06-2007, 07:39 PM
I hope you will do a fishless cycle and save yourself a ton of work!

kyriele
01-06-2007, 09:20 PM
As a matter of fact, I'm reading something called Beginner FAQ: The Nitrogen Cycle as we speak.

I'd rather kill a rock than a fish :) You may laugh now Hobbs, but wait till I post: "Why are my rocks and gravel all trying to jump out of the tank and commit suicide?" haha

I've had great luck with children, dogs, cats and all plants ('cept roses which HATE me!). But this isn't just a puppy. Puppies breathe our air. Human children eat our food. This is a completely different ATMOSPHERE! I not only have to worry about proper space, exercise and nutrition, but even to the point of weather or not I'm poisoning their oxygen! I think we need to add an emotion to the blog (how about....a scared or frustrated or just plain "not getting it" icon)?