PDA

View Full Version : Zebra loaches fighting.

Tolley
09-08-2008, 04:30 PM
I just caught my zebra laoches fighting. I didn't get a video but here is one from somebody else showing what mine were doing. Mine are small (2 inches)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CBFk5qJG9A

I think they have stopped now. Can they get hurt from doing this? also any idea why they do it?

I only have three i am going to get 3 more when i can hopefully that will make them happier with each other?

angelcakes
09-08-2008, 04:46 PM
its normal my clown loaches have spats now and again and can look very aggressive.........divert there attention with a little bit of food.......the spat is all but forgotten about:19:

Mvjnz
09-09-2008, 02:12 AM
Yep, it's normal for loaches to have minor fights within their group. I've never seen mine get hurt from it.

gm72
09-09-2008, 02:13 AM
I see similar behavior from my yoyo loaches. Doesn't seem to cause any serious problem and no injuries.

mac
09-09-2008, 03:26 AM
Hi,
Yes it is very normal for Loaches to have a fight from time to time.
My Zebras fight very furiously for about 1 minuet a week. I think it is just a bit of testing of who is boss. I have never seen them hurt each other though.

It is like my Zipper Loaches. They will always cross each others borders in the tank to shape up and see who will give up there turf. They fight every day, but that is only for a few minutes then that is it. Then they swim around for the rest of the day as best of friends.

It is like humans, kids will always test bounders so fish do the same.

macquatic

Holyvision
09-09-2008, 03:42 AM
They are just letting out those manly urges -- sometimes you just have to hit something.

Tolley
09-09-2008, 02:33 PM
Thanks for all the replies!

cocoa_pleco
09-09-2008, 02:37 PM
sometimes you just have to hit something.

:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: