PDA

View Full Version : Kuhli Loaches

Dubie
08-23-2008, 03:56 PM
Well, about a month ago I got myself 4 of the little critters. Two didn't make it more then a day I'm thinking due to transport and shipping stress (I had to buy them freshly the day after they were shipped, as they sold out twice before I got my hands on a few). The other two spent most of thier time hiding under my gravel and rock decoration. However, I came back from a training exercise, fed my fish this morning, and out pops the two loaches, picking up any flake that came even close to the bottom. Nice suprise, as everything I read said I'd only see them at night, if I ever see them again :). I hope they keep comming out for the morning feeds.

Tolley
08-23-2008, 04:05 PM
Khuli Loahes are neat! If you can get your hands on more for the a group of around 6 you will see them alot more.

Abbeys_Mom
08-23-2008, 04:10 PM
My Chocolate Loach disappears for years at a time. I recently found him in the filter (still alive and well). I feed my fish in the morning and evening, so I often see him at the evening feeds now. I would get more, but mine is already 6-7 years old.

Dubie
08-23-2008, 04:13 PM
I'll get more, when I find more. Only two stores in the city ever carry them, and one charges a more then twice what the other does, and the cheaper place sells out so fast I have to catch them when they just get in (not what I like to do, but at least the offer exchange and refund when they don't make it).

sPuD
10-31-2008, 06:41 AM
My Chocolate Loach disappears for years at a time. I recently found him in the filter (still alive and well). I feed my fish in the morning and evening, so I often see him at the evening feeds now. I would get more, but mine is already 6-7 years old.

LOL. I always find my bristlenoses in the filter, i think they climb up the outlet when i fill the water in too high.:hmm3grin2orange:

BigMac
11-01-2008, 03:25 PM
I have 8 Zebra loaches.. ALl I have to do is sit in front of the tank for 2 min and the tank comes alive with them.

It's funny how they peek at you.

mac
11-05-2008, 02:09 AM
Hi,
Yes Loaches are wonderful fish.

I always find my Kulies out and about no mater the time of day or night.

The main thing with Kuiles is they need ground covering plants and lots of places to retreat to when threatened. That way you will see them more often, other than at night.

mac

cer
11-16-2008, 01:15 AM
Try Getting More And You Will See Them More Often