PDA

View Full Version : Finally Some Good RCS News

TRDNiteLife
08-19-2008, 02:24 AM
I haven't had any Red Cherry shrimp die on me for the past week. Everyone is nice and red, especially the females. All are active and go for food. Today was even more encouraging. As I looked the tank over I saw a very small juvenile shrimp. I got excited because this one was new. When I first got my shrimp I had a berried female. After the first couple weeks I could no longer find her and thought she was one of the shrimp that had died. Today when looking very closely, I spotted extremely small, white particles in the water. They weren't floating with the current though. They were making deliberate and distinct movements. Baby shrimp! I guess the berried female didn't die after all, she just released her clutch. Next I saw what looked like to be a little shrimp stuck in a bubble...:confused: Upon closer inspection, I realize it's a tiny snail. Now this gives me something to feed my Dwarf Puffers later. :19:

Gemstone
08-19-2008, 04:22 AM
:hmm3grin2orange: Congrats on the baby shrimp....I hope my husband doesn't see your posting though...he finally got 8 cherry shrimp last weekend and I ended up giving him my cycled kribensis tank for them (they are now basically homeless...lol)....and he is totally gagga about his little *babies*...(thinks of the words...aggg see that gem??? look how qute/sweet/pretty etc etc etc they are....)

THEY ARE BUGS!!!:hmm3grin2orange: ...joking...

TRDNiteLife
08-19-2008, 12:45 PM
:hmm3grin2orange: Congrats on the baby shrimp....I hope my husband doesn't see your posting though...he finally got 8 cherry shrimp last weekend and I ended up giving him my cycled kribensis tank for them (they are now basically homeless...lol)....and he is totally gagga about his little *babies*...(thinks of the words...aggg see that gem??? look how qute/sweet/pretty etc etc etc they are....)

THEY ARE BUGS!!!:hmm3grin2orange: ...joking...

What size tank did you give him? I have about 28 + the babies in my 6 gallon.