PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Schools

soldier-sailer
08-14-2008, 04:17 PM
I am looking for a schooling fish to put in a 40 gal with a singal Convict, and a red tailed black shark. Many people have suggested 10-12 Tiger Barbs. My question is this, will Tigers school together regardless of the type? Ie, will a mix of tigers, green tigers, and albino tigers work out?

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Abbeys_Mom
08-14-2008, 04:41 PM
They are supposed to, but in my limited Tiger Barbs experience, mine do not. I have had to separate my moss barbs to a smaller tank. I am not sure if it is because they are smaller then the tigers (younger) or because they are green.

soldier-sailer
08-14-2008, 05:20 PM
Thanks for the info!

duce
08-14-2008, 05:24 PM
i would have thought so as they will want to feel safe .what with the convict in the tank too lol

Alfcea
08-14-2008, 05:33 PM
I do not know about Tiger barbs, but what I have noticed with zebra danios is that it actually depends on if you get them all at the same time, or at different times. If you get them all at the same time, they will shoal up from the beggining, but if you get some first and some later, they will be a bit more reluctant... it is like if they needed some time to get acquainted with each other!!

soldier-sailer
08-14-2008, 07:19 PM
That makes sense alfeca, thanks