PDA

View Full Version : Pleco......

funnyfish
07-17-2008, 11:12 PM
My pleco seems to suck non-stop I never ever see him not suckingon something is this normal? I do give him algae waffers like every other day and I was going to add fresh veggies.... But I just wanted to know if this is normal

cocoa_pleco
07-18-2008, 12:30 AM
My pleco seems to suck non-stop I never ever see him not suckingon something is this normal? I do give him algae waffers like every other day and I was going to add fresh veggies.... But I just wanted to know if this is normal

perfectly normal

Lakea
07-18-2008, 03:18 AM
yep, sucker fish love to suck!

When you aren't around he probably swims to the middle of the tank and does a little dance...

I was going to be smart and I bought a nifty little veggie clip and I put it in one of my plecs favorite sucking spots so he might get a big of veg... but that did not work. I have had a hard time feeding my guys veggies, they love shrimp pellets though and everytime I feed the pellets they stop their sucking and join in with the corys to chow down!

themollusk
07-26-2008, 06:01 PM
My pleco is sucking on the inside of my jug/hiding place all the time! It seems to be his favourite place to be, nice, dark and secluded.

He also loves to periodically dance around the tank, but not in a darting or flashing fashion!